Chapter 4

Other than the encounter with Daphne and Matteo, yesterday was a pretty good day for Polly. There was no crime to stop besides the attempted purse snatcher. Today was a little different. There had been no crime at all to stop today. So Polly was with her friends at the arcade. She and Filbert watched as Megan and Henry played each other in air hockey. Polly loved to play but not Filbert and Henry so much. This was because Megan was the air hockey champion of the group and always won. They tried time after time to beat her but it was always the same result. At this point, Filbert thought it was pointless to play but Polly always convinced him that I was just for fun.

Megan scored the last point for the win. "The champ remains undefeated!"

Henry sighs with a smile. "I should've known."

"Polly, you're up next!" Megan told the blonde.

"Don't do it, Polly," Filbert said, "It's not worth it."

"Trying is always worth it," Polly said, taking Henry's spot. "Especially when it's fun."

"If you say so," Filbert sighed. He gave a small smile a few seconds later. "Guess you leave me no choice but to cheer you on."

"Avenge me, Polly!" Henry said.

Polly laughed. "I'll try."

"No love for the champ?" Megan asked in mock anger. She then laughs and grins. "That's fine because she's going to keep her streak anyway."

Polly grins back at her. "Don't be so sure."

"Hmph," Megan said, hitting the puck toward Polly.

Polly hits the puck back toward her. The two of them go back and forth. Polly was the second best at the game behind Megan. Despite losing to her each time, Polly always loved to play. She came close to beating Megan and ending her reign many times, but Megan always found a way to win. Polly still loved to play however just for the fun of it.

After some more back and forth, Polly was able to get the first score of the game. Filbert and Henry cheered.

"Way to go, Polly!" Filbert said.

Megan rolls her eyes at him. "Don't get too excited. This has happened before."

She sends the puck at Polly again. Polly sends it back to her. Megan tries to get it, but the puck lands in her goal.

"Holy shit!" Filbert's eyes went wide. "Polly's already two points ahead of you. Think this might be the end for you, champ!"

Megan growled a bit and the game continued on. Filbert and Henry watch as the puck gets going to both sides. Eventually, Megan can get a couple of points as Polly is able to get a couple more. The two of them are soon tied five to five.

"So Henry, how are things going at the station?" Megan asked, sending the puck to Polly again.

"Good if a bit slow," Henry chuckled. "Not much has really been going on recently."

"I'd say that thanks to you and our masked friend here," Megan smirks at Polly.

"I wouldn't say it was just us," Polly said, scoring another point.

"It literally was," Filbert says as she crosses his arms. "Without you two, the other officers wouldn't have even bothered with Cortez. They like everyone else in the town were too busy thinking that she was this saint."

"I hate to agree with them but they got a point," Henry said. "I'm the only one at the who gathered any evidence of what Laura was up to. But it was thanks to you helping me get more that we were able to put her away for good."