Chapter 5

The night of the Halloween Party had arrived. Polly wanted to make sure everything went well and that Dolly had a good time. She wasn't just meeting her friends tonight but this was also going to be her first time at an event like this in a while. Polly to Dolly's pick to pick up her friend. Polly told her she would give her a ride on her motorcycle but Dolly insisted that she and Polly get a ride there together from Rylan. Seeing how it was no problem for Rylan, Polly decided to go along with it and they drove to the Halloween Party.

Polly was dressed as a zombie with a black cape. She was an undead superhero.

Dolly was dressed as the grim reaper complete with a scythe. She looked at Polly. "You really chose to be a superhero for Halloween?" She asked with a chuckle. "Aren't you that every day?"

"I'm a different kind of superhero tonight," Polly said l "I was killed but I rose from the dead because the quest for justice never stops, even in death."

"That still sounds a lot like you," Dolly laughed. "You're supposed to be different for Halloween."

"This is different enough for me," Polly laughed as well. She looked up ahead, "We're almost there!"

Dolly smiled when she heard Polly say that. She knew without a doubt that there would be people there who would judge them if they saw their faces but she was not going to let them ruin her favorite holiday, especially when she was meeting with potential new friends. The artist knew how much Polly had been looking forward to this and like Polly for her, Dolly wanted the night to go great for her blonde friend, Polly had done so much for her just by being around and Dolly wanted to enjoy this night with her.

Rylan stopped right at the entrance of the party.

"Thanks, Rylan!" Both women said as they got out of the car.

Rylan smiled at them. "My pleasure."

"Enjoy your time with the others back home," Dolly said.

Rylan nodded and drove off. Polly and Dolly looked at each other and walked to the entrance where Filbert was waiting for them.

"Where have you guys been?" Filbert asked, dressed as a vampire.. "You were gone so long that Henry and Megan already took off."

"That's okay, we'll find them," Polly said.

Filbert nodded, his eyes turning their attention to the artist. "Nice costume, Dolly."

"Thanks," Dolly said. "I like yours too."

"Shall we go on ahead?" Filbert asked. The two women nodded and the three of them started to walk around the parties.

They were various games and activities around. All kinds of Jack-O-Lanterns were around the party. There was a haunted house with caution keep out tape with people in a line to go inside. Skeletons were also all around the party, some of them were hanging. Speaking of skeletons to pumpkins, there were also balloons of them, along with witches, vampires, and zombies.

"Polly!" A voice could be heard calling towards the blonde. Polly looked to see Henry, who was wearing a knight costume come running towards her.

"You two finally made it!" Henry said.

"Yep," Polly said. She put a hand on Dolly's shoulder. "Henry, I'd like you to meet Dolly."

Henry smiled at the artist, "Good to meet you. Polly's been talking a lot about you." He held out a hand.

Dolly shook his hand. "I've heard things about you two. Seems like they were true."

"All good things, right?" Henry asked.