Chapter 10

It was perfect.

The painting that Dolly gazed upon was perfect. She had her own reminder of the events of the previous night with the picture of her and Polly dancing. Dancing and officially becoming a couple.

"Oh Polly," Dolly went to run a hand on the picture but stopped herself. It wasn't dry yet. "Last night was everything."

She felt something on her lap. The artist chuckled as she looked to see that Coopy had jumped on. Dolly petted him on the back.

"I wish you could have been there," Dolly told her cat. "But it was my first date and I didn't want any distractions. You understand right?"

Coopy let out a meow. Dolly continued to pet him with a smile.

"That's my boy," She said. A thought then came to her. She had wanted Polly to stay the night with her but Polly told her that she needed to sleep at her own place because she needed to focus on talking to Matteo who would be getting out of the hospital today. "Why don't we go see Ethan? I have a feeling we're going to need him today."

She set the cat down and it ran out of the room. She followed him.

NNN

Once Dolly got to the basement door, she saw that Fred was already making his way down there. Coopy was beside her and tilted his head at his owner. Dolly made her way down as Coopy hopped on her shoulder. The sounds of meat being devoured had come to her ears as soon as she reached the floor.

Fred looked at her. "Good morning, Dolly! I was just feeding Ethan his breakfast."

"Thank you, Fred," Dolly said. "I think it's going to be a big day for Ethan today." She walked to the big cat and petted him on the head. "There's an old friend of his who might need another visit."

Fred raised an eyebrow. "An old friend, Dolly?"

"Nothing you have to worry about, Fred," Dolly chuckled.

Fred nodded and then smiled. "Rylan told me that the night with Polly went very well."

Dolly sighed happily. "It was the best night ever, Fred. I can't thank Rylan enough for doing his part to make it so special."

"So glad to hear that you had a great time," Fred replied. "Would you like something to eat?"

"Pancakes should treat right about now," Dolly told him.

Fred nodded. "Right away." He then made his way back up the creaky stairs.

Dolly's expression then turned serious as he turned her attention back to the cat monster. "Ethan, as you just heard, last night with Polly went very well." She smiled briefly. "She and I are together now." The serious question look returned, "As her girlfriend, it's my job to protect her and make sure that life is perfect for her. And that's exactly what I'm going to do."

She continued. "No more people treating either of us badly because of how we look. From now on, we are going to run this city. And it starts with-"

She stopped when she got a text on her phone. She took it out. It was Jasper. She smirked when she saw what he was texting her about.

"Well, well," The artist said. "That's very interesting." She decided to call him up.

"Hello?" Jasper's voice was heard after he picked up on the other end.

"Jas, what you just sent me has made me very happy," Dolly sat on one of the old chairs nearby as Coopy went to play with Ethan.

Jasper let out a chuckle. "I figured it would. Who never would've thought the same chick who was the bitch bartender at my favorite bar would be the chick who hated so much."