𝟔. sweet left cheek

BUTTERFLYAct One: Chapter Six❝ Sweet Left Cheek ❞

BUTTERFLY
Act One: Chapter Six
Sweet Left Cheek

THE AMBIANCE OF DUSTY'S HOUSE has now turned into a typical high school party. Blue light filled the room, red solo cups everywhere, lights flashing all around, people dancing and drinks being passed around. Parties were always Delilah's scene - it brought out a lot more confidence from her.

She stood behind a bar, dancing while mixing everyone's drinks, passing them and not really listening to what they ordered. She would just mix alcohol, juice or a soda and hoped for the best. "Here!" she grinned, handing Harper a red cup filled with Redbull and Vodka.

A few hours earlier, Delilah and her friends sat pissed off in SLTs that Amerie had promised was cancelled. Spider took back the slap band from Amerie too which Delilah felt bad about, but she couldn't help but feel that Amerie had brought this upon herself. The fact that it was moved after school hours pissed them off more.

So when she arrived at Dusty's, she was in panic mode, ordering everyone around on what to do and where to place things. After she hosted one of the best - people said that, not her - parties two years ago, she took pride in helping others make the best of it.

The party she hosted then was for her birthday, meaning everything had to go her way. That night, there were coolers and beer towers filled with nothing but alcohol. It was supposed to be equal amounts of vodka and sprite with sour and sweet candies in the cooler, but it turned into eighty-percent vodka and twenty-percent whatever the rest are. Everyone wasn't able to go home and slept all around the AirBnb she rented that weekend, both their bodies and heads ached the day after.

"Dels," Ant yelled over the music. "Spider's asking where the stuff for the beer pong are!"

"The beers in the fridge in the living room!" Delilah bent down and grabbed cups from under the table, leaving the bar to follow her brother. "Who's playing?" she asked.

The table came into view, Missy and Olivia on one side, Harper and Emma standing on the other. Delilah handed the cups to the two teams, letting them assemble it themselves. Beside her, Spider came into view holding a tequila bottle, some salt and a lime.