5. The past - II

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
------------------------------------------------------------------

they pulled me aside with them. they are interrogating me. i hate this. i don't want to accept this. I am just 15. how. how how how how how do they expect me to live like this?
̶h̶̶o̶̶w̶ ̶a̶̶m̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶̶u̶̶p̶̶p̶̶o̶̶s̶̶e̶̶d̶ ̶t̶̶o̶ ̶l̶̶i̶̶v̶̶e̶ ̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶o̶̶u̶̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶̶o̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶?

I refuse to believe this. no.no.no.no.no
m̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶i̶v̶e̶

the next thing I know is i fell on the ground and hiccups and sobs filled the room with screams. there were people around me trying to console me but I can't hear them. I can't hear anything.

" hey! stay away from her! " the words i finally heard and the panic attack I was having slowed down. with heavy breaths I looked up to see Iris with tears in my eyes. she quickly fell down on her knees and came towards me and hugged me silently and I sobbed in her arms wrapping my arms around her as well.

" ssh everything is going to alright..okay? " she said " I am here I will be here forever, I promise "

I kept sobbing and hiccuping in her arms holding her close so that she doesn't disappear as well. Doesn't fade away leaving just her memories just like my mom.

a month later

its been a month since my mother's death.  And today finally I am going to the conference to tell my statement, after that I am going to meet that piece of trash who did this. hopefully everything will be alright with Iris by my side.

I felt the warmth of her hand in mine and I smiled at her. she was my biggest support through this. If it wasn't for her. I don't know where I would be today.

" are you sure u want to give your statement today? " she asked me of course worried.

I nodded. I have waited long enough. I am not going to wait anymore to throw that trash in its place. I am ready now. I want him to pay for what he did to my mother.

She sighed and smiled at me. " I am with you. through all this. "

" I am grateful for that " I smiled back at her.

" Iris! the cops are here " Iris's mother yelled from downstairs.

" coming ma "

I have been staying at Iris's since then. Her mother doesn't really mind me being here. Since I help them around sometimes. Her father is mostly away for work.

We reached downstairs and the cops were waiting for us with all the set up ready in the living room.

" please do not make any unnecessary noise. Only Ms. Eira is allowed to speak " the gave us instructions and then started recording.

" Ms. Clarke? "

I took a deep breathe
" yes. its me. Eira Clarke. "

" can you please tell us how was your mother's relationship with mr. Ryan? "
his name gave me chills. I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. I want to run away and crawl in a corner and die. But I had to do this for myself and for my mother. for me to get better.

" my mother was mostly happy around him.  whenever they fought, the next day there would be flowers on our doorsteps. First I thought it was cute. him apologizing and making up for his mistakes but then they became a common thing. every week there were flowers and my mom would immediately forgive him " I could feel my deep breathes and heavy breathing.

The cop seemed to take the information and then asked another question " how long were they dating for? "

" 4 years "
the cop got shocked upon hearing it. of course why would anyone kill their partner of 4 years? that's what I wanted to know. that's why I am going to meet him today.

" how many times did u meet him? "

" my mom and him were going to live in together but I refused to move in with him that's why we didn't live with him. I rarely met him as well maybe around one or two times in a month or two "

" what did u think of him? "

tears were starting to form in my eyes. i wanted to cry so much.
" as you know I refused to live with him. i didn't like him but i didn't say anything cause my mom was happy with him. I wanted her to be...happy "

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
------------------------------------------------------------------

target → 4 votes and 8 comments

shout-out to arcanexoxo she is literally so sweet! go and read her story!!

thank you everyone for voting! please keep voting and commenting if u like the story ly mwah 💗

follow me on Instagram for spoilers and sneak peaks