Chapter Four

Still no leads on the case of the Saint Julian University freshman who was brutally murdered a few weeks ago. Case is still ongoing.

They stopped using her name by my first week in Minnesota, and I could tell from the media coverage that they were starting to care less and less about her, realizing more and more that they may not find who killed her in the first place.

At least I hope that they don't, I'm not really built to be in jail, I'm pretty sure I'd be an easy target and that I'd probably fucking die... Or I'd have a panic attack.

I really should've considered that before I murdered someone, but hindsight is twenty twenty on things like this, right?

Next to me, I felt Bethany nudge my foot and I looked over to see her staring at me like she'd been talking to me this whole time, which was entirely possible. I cleared my throat, giving her an apologetic look as she rolled her eyes and sighed. That's always been a pet peeve of hers - she hates how much I zone out, sometimes it makes her think that I don't care what we were talking about but I do, I just forget where I am and what I'm doing sometimes.

"What do you think of your new roommate?" She asked, which made sense... I'd been lamenting about how sad I was that we weren't rooming together ever since our rooming assignments had come out... I knew that it wasn't gonna happen, we'd gotten lucky with a random assignment at San Diego, what was the chance of that happening again, right?

I grimaced, clearing my throat as I shrugged... My roommate wasn't that bad, she was a little fucking weird, but that's okay.

"She's... Interesting." That was my very careful way of saying that she was a bit of a freak... I didn't want to set off any alarm bells for Bethany, she didn't need to spend her time campaigning for me to get a new roommate, she needed to focus on her studies, that was paramount to her success. I nudged her lightly, giving her a half smile. "I miss rooming with you though, I feel like we had a good flow going... Plus, you don't try to look at my phone while I'm texting." I said, seeing Bethany frown as she shook her head.

We'd always been good about respecting each other's boundaries with that kind of communication. Sensitive information was kept on phones, we both knew that and neither of us wanted the other to have it unless the information was freely given and needed by both parties.

"Rude." I nodded. That was exactly what I would call that - rude as fucking hell.

"Tell me about it." I sighed, and Bethany sighed, pulling a knee to her chest as she spoke.

"Mine's weird too." She looked over at me almost pathetically, like she was about to tell me the worst news in the whole world. "She listens to trance music so loud... Like, don't get me wrong, she's sweet and it could for sure be worse, there are just a few things that I would like to change." I grimaced... That sounded kinda awful. Loud music just wasn't my thing unless I was playing it. She nudged me lightly with her foot. "Tell me more about yours though... I sense there's more than what you've told me." I shook my head.

There was the nudity... Did she want me to mention the nudity?

She probably wanted me to mention the nudity, didn't she?

"No, really it's okay... Regan's fine I guess." I fiddled with my fingers, clearing my throat... There was no use in not telling her what was going on, Bethany had a way of finding things out. "I don't know what to do about her aversion to clothing though." I said, hearing her choke on air as she looked over at me, wide eyed and startled with what I said.

"Excuse me?" She asked, and I shrugged... Honestly, it wasn't that weird, at least not the nakedness thing, boundaries break down when you live together, that's something I know from living with Bethany.