Chapter Twelve

The hunt for Katie Oberman, a Sophomore at Saint Julian University student who was last seen three weeks ago has officially been ruled a homicide as police have not found any clues to Oberman's whereabouts.  Campus police are still urging anyone who may have any idea where she has gone to please come forward.  The Oberman family, when reached for comment, simply gave a plea to their daughter to please come home and have told reporters that they do not believe she is dead

"She's a good girl.  I'm sure she's just lost out there, and I want her to come home." Her mother, Gil Oberman stated to a news outlet outside her home.  Hopes are high in the Oberman home, though we do not know how the ruling of homicide will affect their hopeful outlook.

I clicked my phone off, feeling a lump in my throat as I glanced around me... There was just something so ominous about knowing that I've killed people on this campus, but that I'm not the only one.  Like, there's a level of control that comes along with knowing that I am the only killer on campus, it means I'm safe, it means my friends are safe.

But this... No, this means we all need to watch our backs... I can't imagine losing Bethany or Callie to whoever this sick fuck is, I don't think I'd ever recover.  The only positive of this whole thing is that it's really killed (terrible joke) my urge to commit any more murder.  It's been a chilling few weeks, I don't think I could kill another person If I tried, but who knows?

Maybe I'll get back on the horse someday, but for now I'm just worried about passing my Greek exam.  I felt Callie's hand slip under the hem of my shirt and onto my lower back, making my skin tingle from even that innocent of a touch.  I glanced over at her, seeing her looking down at me with a raised eyebrow, a mischievous smirk.

Oh God... This was how I never made it into the library yesterday... Or the day before... Or the day before that.

Callie Imran is a wonderful distraction.

Great for me, terrible for my GPA.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come in there with you?" She leaned down to my ear, pressing a soft kiss behind it as my eyes fluttered shut.  Keep focused, keep cool, keep focused, keep cool... A lot easier said than done around Callie, honestly.  "Encourage you?" She murmured, and I let out a forced chuckle, clearing my throat as I tried to keep my brain from wandering to that.

Making out with Callie in the stacks sounded great, but that would have to be explored another day, because right now I had to focus on making sure that I had a spot at this school in the fall... It'd be hell to be away from her again, and I'm sure that if the murderous rage doesn't wake back up while we're here, it'd be roused by being states apart again.

For the good of everyone, I needed to make sure that I stayed enrolled.

"Pretty sure you mean distract me, and while that is incredibly tempting..." Callie's smile sent a shiver down my spine as I gripped onto her collar, willing myself to not give in... It was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my whole life, but I can't just blow this off to make out with her... Well, I could, but that was not the mature answer. "My mom will strangle me if I fail this class." I murmured, seeing her shrug.

No.  No, because my mom would do it - she's lovely, but she pushes me for success.  If I do not succeed, I die.

"I could talk to Jackie-." I shook my head, chuckling as I gave her a quick kiss, seeing her eyes soften as she looked at me.

Mine.

"She would not be kind right now; you know how she gets about me and my grades and you." I said, trying to remind her that she had literally been banned from my house during finals week and midterms because I just couldn't focus if she was there, I was too focused on her.