Chapter Eleven

Be in soon, finishing something up.

Callie had sent that 45 minutes ago, and part of me is starting to think that she got fucking kidnapped because what the hell is going on?

"What do you wanna watch?" I looked up from my phone to see Bethany scrolling through Netflix before she glanced back at me, like I was not in her world right now. "And is Callie still coming? Because like... We've been waiting for a minute." I nodded... That was true, we'd been waiting for a bit, it was getting a little worrying.

"I don't know, and..." I looked at her location and saw her making her way across campus from wherever she'd been... She'd had battery saver on for a bit, so I really didn't know. "Yeah, looks like it." I said, and Bethany gave me a thumbs up, scrolling faster.

Don't cramp your hands up, shit hurts.

"Animated or non-animated." I frowned, thinking for a long moment... I've been watching a lot of animated movies recently, it'd be nice to see some real people on my screen for a change, it'd be good for the soul.

"Non animated." Bethany nodded, tapping further into her list before she paused, looking back at me with a frown.

"Horror?" I shrugged... That sounded fine. A little ironic considering the fact that we were practically living in a goddamn horror movie right now, but no one has ever died from a little bit of irony.

"Sure."  Bethany grinned, nodding.

She'd gotten something out of me, I know that's what she wanted - for me to have some sort of opinion.

"Cool, I'll find something." Honestly, as long as I didn't have to make the decision about whatever we were watching I was completely fine with her picking out the movie.

She was the one who was more of the cinema buff anyway.

"Great." The door swung open, making me jump before I glanced back, thankfully just seeing Callie.

God, I should lock that... Don't wanna get kidnapped.

Like, the child me who had been obsessed with Slenderman and other creepypastas found it a bit intriguing, but my fully formed adult brain said no... The adult brain would win today.

"Hey!" Callie kissed me softly, leaning away with a smile... She was sweaty, drenched from the rain outside... Made sense, she'd probably ran over here. "Sorry I'm late, I'm gonna change... I was just... Out." I raised an eyebrow.

That was a very vague description of whatever she was doing.

"Out?" I asked, and Callie nodded, looking shifty eyed as she tucked her hands into her pockets, letting out a heavy sigh as she caught her breath a bit more.

She wasn't normally winded, she must've really been exerting herself.

"For a run, mhm." I nodded. That cleared that up for me, it made sense that she was running, she said that she'd been wanting to get back into that more over the last few weeks.

"I..." Bethany closed her laptop, turning to Callie as she furrowed her brows, shaking her head. "What?" Callie's face dropped as she looked away from me and over to Bethany, sighing as she did, like the act of looking at her was painful.

Be nicer than that, come on.

"Running, Bethany." The tone was unneeded, but she was too far away for me to smack her leg and get her attention so that she could knock it off, instead I just had to watch her and Bethany have some sort of unspoken stand off in the middle of my fucking dorm. "I'm sure you've heard of it." Bethany shook her head, like it wasn't the concept of running that confused her, but something else.