Coffee Run

Paige Bueckers

Paige Bueckers

Kaylee was so cool. She was different from other girls. She wasn't an obsessed fangirl, I mean she didn't even know who I was. She wanted to be my friend, for me. Not just because I was Paige Bueckers. She was really pretty. She had the prettiest long brown hair and a perfect smile.

When I got back to my own apartment I walked in to Azzi sitting on the couch watching TV. She looked up at me and smiled. That stupid smirk on her face she does when she's about to ask me every single detail about my night. I did not feel like dealing with this right now. It was like 11pm.

"SOOOOOOOOO who were you with?" Azzi said smiling a big cheesy smile.

"None of your business." I said setting my keys down and taking off my jacket.

"Aww come on Paige tell me." She said doing puppy dog eyes. Whatever.

"I was with this girl, Kaylee." As soon as I said the word "Girl" her eyes lit up.

"You were with a girl?!" She said 100x more excited than she was before.

"It's not like that, we were hanging out as friends, I just met her at the club then we wanted to get out of there so we walked to my car together then I drove her home. That's it. No more questions."

"Did you at least get her number?" Azzi asked me. It finally hit me that I didn't get her number. I was just going to have to find her instagram.

"No. Goodnight Azzi." I said walking into my room. I hit the bed and instantly fell asleep.

In the morning I woke up around 11. I had practice today in 2 hours. And I had a team dinner tonight where we were meeting the new media team. I needed to get up and get ready. Tomorrow was the first game of the season. I knew todays practice was going to be harsh. Maybe I could get coffee with Azzi this morning.

"Yo Azzi" I said from my bed. I was scrolling on instagram. The media was raging about our game tomorrow.

"Yeah P" She walked into my room.

"Wanna get coffee?"

"Yeah sure, get up we are leaving in 30."

"Damn okay mom" I said to her. She smiled and walked out, leaving my door open.

We got to the coffee shop. It was just a small local owned one on campus. We walked in and I ordered my usual, a matcha latte. Azzi got a stupid drink idefk what she ordered. We were just about to leave when I bumped into someone in the door while walking out. It was a familiar face.

"Kaylee hey" I said looking at Kaylee. What a coincidence? Anyway she looked good. She was with who I guessed was her cousin Destiny.

"Hi Paige, sorry this is my cousin Destiny you didn't really get to meet her last night." I shook her hand. And I introduced Kaylee to Azzi. Azzi and Destiny shook hands too. They started talking beside us when Kaylee spoke.

"Hey thanks again for last night, I really needed that. You know with Jess and stuff." She said and pulled me into a hug, "Hey also, Paige Buckets? I had no idea you were like basically famous." She said smiling.

"Yeah haha, I didn't tell you because I thought you were going to use me and shit." I said to her. Damn it was like when I talked to Kaylee I just spilled my thoughts right out of my head.

"No never, trust me I know how it feels to be used. Anyway, you have a game tomorrow! First game of the season are you excited?" She really seemed to care about me. She wasn't just a fan who wanted a picture for their social media.

"Yeah I'm pumped for it." Who tf says pumped. Why did I just say that. After a second or two Azzi jumped in.

"Yeah actually you guys should come to our game! We have 2 court side tickets!" Azzi and Destiny were like basically best friends within 5 minutes of meeting each other I guess.

"Um hello! Yes we would love too!" Destiny said. I caught Azzi winking at Destiny, like they were plotting to get me and Kaylee together. Oh my gosh was I not allowed to be just friends with Kaylee!

"Alright Paige will just give Kaylee her number then so we can send the tickets over." Azzi said. Kaylee handed me her phone and I put my number in. She took the phone and smiled.

"Well it was nice seeing you again." I said to Kaylee. She smiled back.

"Nice to meet you guys." Azzi said to them. And we walked out of the coffee shop.