I get to Interview Paige Bueckers

Kaylee Shores

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Kaylee Shores

After my run in with Paige and Azzi, Destiny instantly loved them. She and Azzi were texting apparently back and forth. I guess Destiny just really liked those girls on the basketball team?

After me and Destiny got our coffee, I walked to class and she went to hers. I got to my class and said goodmorning to my professor, who I love. His name was Professor John (he went by his first name) and he was the director of the sports journalism here at UConn. His lecture was good as always. As everyone was gathering there things to leave Paige texted me.

Hey Kaylee it's Paige, I'll send over the tickets for tomorrows game right now.

Before I could reply professor John came up to me.

"Hey Kaylee how's it going?" He said smiling down at me, "So a new job opened up on the media team for the girls basketball team. It's a simple job, you just interview players at the end of every game, you know ask them questions and such. I was wondering if you were interested in it? I know how hard you work and you're one of my best students. I think you would really enjoy it. Plus it pays pretty well." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I got to be on live television! Interviewing people? This was my biggest dream! Oh my gosh I needed to tell Destiny right away!

"Yes oh my gosh of course! Thank you so much! When do I start? Is there an interview?" I asked him, now I had a million questions.

"No Kaylee, I'm the employer remember? I am the director of the sports journalism here...meaning I can just hand you the job. I'll send the schedule over to you tonight, as well as some helpful pointers. Your first game is tomorrow evening." I was beyond shock.

"Thank you so much! You won't regret it!" I said grabbing my things and heading out.

"Anytime." He said smiling and walking back to his desk. I was so excited. I got to interview players! I got to interviews players before and after games with like thousands of people watching. Maybe this was the start of my career. I needed to call Destiny.

"Destiny you will not believe what just happened!" I said to her over the phone. I could here here getting excited.

"What! Tell me what?"

"I just got a job interviewing basketball players before and after games! On live television!" I finally said to her.

"Omg Kaylee this is huge! The girls or boys team?" She said. Of course she was asking this.

"The girls...." I said. Suddenly realizing this means our friends Nika and Azzi. And most of all Paige. She was the star player, I guess I'll be seeing a lot of her then. Maybe this will give me the chance to really talk to her and become closer friends.

"Oh my gosh! So you'll get to interview Paige?" It's like she read my mind.

"Yes yes of course I get to interview Paige." I said while walking.

"Alright talk later, I really have to study for this exam. Congrats again girl, bye love you." She said sounding sad, cause she had to study. I mean at least she was studying right?

Once I got home I laid down. Exhausted. Destiny had just left to hangout with some of her friends. Leaving me alone in the apartment. I grabbed my phone and opended. I realized I left Paige on read. I should probably reply.

K: Hey sorry, I was talking with my professor about this job offer he had for me. Yeah send them over we'll be there.

I texted back. Paige replied almost immediately. I assumed she would have practice today given that she had her first game of the season tomorrow.

P: ohhhh a job offer tell me more    

She replied. Wow I didn't think Paige was the type of person to make conversation over text. For some reason I thought she would've been dry over messages.

K: Yeah, I got a job interviewing players after games. Specifically your team. It's crazy I know.

P: woah so like youre going to me interviewing me after games? Sick

K: Yeah I'm excited, hopefully I like it. I mean I'm already friends with you, Azzi, and Nika, sorta so it couldn't be to bad.

P: yeah theyre awesome im sure youll love them does this mean you will be coming to the team dinner tonight yk cause the whole media team is coming?

What? what was Paige talking about? Team dinner? I wasn't told about this. I rushed over to my laptop and opened up my email. I clicked on the recent email from my professor. Here it was my schedule.

Tuesday 9/3: Team dinner + media team 7pm

Damn Paige was right. That means I had 3 hours. Oh no what was I gonna wear?

K: Yeah I'll be there. Can I bring a plus one?

P: yeah fs you can bring Destiny. alr srry gtg

Paige really needed to work on her punctuation and grammar.

Fouled outजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें