Car talk

Azzi Fudd

Azzi Fudd

While in my car with Kaylee, it was quiet for a little bit. I could tell something was up between her and Paige so I didn't wanna say anything. I saw them talking about something in the kitchen, I couldn't hear much about it, but I picked up that Kaylee thought Paige wanted to be more than friends? I wasn't sure.

Then they were starring at each other, I could literally feel the tension. Then I saw that things between them were getting awkward and I didn't want Paige to have to drive Kaylee home so I butted in.

Honestly I kinda wanted to talk to Kaylee about it. I wanted to know how she felt about Paige. I knew that Paige liked her, I could just tell. The way Paige looks at Kaylee and talks about her. Or how Paige NEVER misses an after game hangout but she did to be with Kaylee. The girl totally liked her.

I knew Paige wasn't gonna tell Kaylee either. So it was up to me to find out how Kaylee felt. Me and Destiny were kinda bonding over this too. That sounds messed up but it's nice to see Paige and Kaylee benefiting each other. Well I wouldn't know how Kaylee was before but Destiny had told me.

Kaylee never goes out, was always studying, and has no other friends. Paige was really helping Kaylee come out of her shell. Apparently this was the most Kaylee had left her apartment in a while, well besides classes and getting food with Destiny.

I guess Paige was really helping Kaylee, especially after the breakup between her and Jess.

And for Paige, I was seeing it too. She played amazing in the game and was so happy afterwards. Probably because Kaylee came to watch her.

After Kaylee and her first met at the club, I could tell she was different somehow. She came home in a mood, but it was that good, annoyed, blushing, type of mood after you meet someone you like. Do you get what I mean? They were just perfect for each other.

I decided to ask Kaylee about earlier.

"Kaylee, listen I don't want to sound nosy or anything but is everything okay with you and Paige." I said, looking over at her for a second. She didn't look up she just kept peering out the window.

"Um, honestly I'm not sure. Things got weird in the kitchen, I don't know if you saw." She said a little sadly.

I did see what happened in the kitchen. It was that look they were giving each other before Paige looked away. Kaylee looked hurt talking about it. I suddenly felt a wave of guilt asking her about this.

"Yeah I might've seen," I didn't want to leave it at that. I wanted to make Kaylee feel better, "Listen I don't mean to intrude or anything but I know Paige. Trust me I know her better than anyone. And I've never seen her like this around someone, this happy. Take that how you want it. But trust me things between you and Paige will be better again.

Kaylee looked over at me, smiling a little bit. She didn't say anything and looked back down to her feet.

We got to the basketball center shortly after that and I parked the car next to Kaylee's. Before Kaylee got out she stopped.

"Thank you Azzi, really I mean it." She said holding the door smiling.

"Anytime."

Authors note

This is probably the only Azzi POV i'm making. Also sorry that it was so short. I just felt like this was an important part to the storyline and it needed to be from Azzi's POV. Working on longer chapters!