eight, "i could never hate you."

EIGHT — real life

EIGHT — real life .

"hey, stranger."

at that moment, Kendall would have chugged the alcoholic beverage, if she wasn't tragically a lightweight. The overly familiar voice haunted her head like a sick, and twisted horror movie.

"Why did she show up here? Who even invited her? God, why does she smell so fucking good?" Kendall questioned in her thoughts, taking in the intoxicating scent of her ex-girlfriend, the scent had coated the air and left soft and passionate kisses all over the brunette girl's skin, god, how she missed her.

Kendall turned around, now face to face with the blonde, who largely smiled, but this time it was not reciprocated. "Paige, why are you here?" Kendall dryly, asked, taking a sip from the stinging behavior that dried the back of her throat.

"I was invited, actually," Paige responded, in a childlike manner, folding her tanned and toned arms across her chest.

"By who?" Kendall asked, staring at the blonde with daggers, that pierced her damaged soul — god, why did she look so good? the singer's intoxicated mind ran a thousand miles an hour, as she took in the beautiful and nearly perfect features of the tall figure in front of her, the way her long blonde hair was down, something Kendall always loved, and her bright pink lips craved to be kissed by the musician.

"I'm not telling." Paige defended, as she watched as the brunette placed her tattooed hands onto her waist, clearly annoyed.

Kendall rolled her green eyes at her ex-girlfriend — it was so difficult to stay away from her at that moment, god how she missed her, the way her hands felt against her skin in their darkest night, or the way her lips would tease — Kendall stop! she demanded her thoughts to do.

"I'm getting you kicked out, you won't ruin my birthday." Kendall once again dryly, stated at her ex-girlfriend, going to walk towards the security of the venue with her freshly refilled drink — Paige reached for her free hand, getting ahold of it, as Kendall didn't fight it, missing the feeling of the physical touch from the blonde.

Paige nervously stared at the girl in front of her, as her right hand suddenly started to get sweaty, like it used to do at the very beginning of their relationship. "Can you please —." She paused, dropping the girl's hand to show respect for her boundaries.

"Can you please just allow me to explain myself, Kenny?" She used that fucking nickname, she could handle it the name from anyone else's mouth, but not her ex-girlfriends, it would instantly bring her a fluttered feeling to her stomach as the raspy voice would say her name.

Kendall stared at the blonde girl standing behind her, she was speechless, and as much as all she could have ever wanted was an explanation for all the pain she caused, Kendall knew that if she stayed there a second longer with Paige, she would do something that she would instantly regret, so she left, leaving the basketball player standing there, alone.

"Preston, I love you, but please give me your damn drink, I already drank mine, and Paige is over there." Kendall rambled, near to hyperventilating, as she stared at her two best friends, both faces held shocked expressions, as the invitation of the blonde girl was unknown to them.

Preston handed his best friend the clear plastic cup, taking hers into his tattooed hands, pushing through the crowds of drunk people to find the blonde. "Paige, you know you shouldn't be here." He stated, a kind tone in his voice, on his route to the blonde, he had thrown away the cup that belonged to his friend.

Paige nodded, looking at the male of the same height in front of her. "I was invited by Brielle, I'm allowed to be here, so before you go jumping my ass, I'm not here to try and get her back, I know it's done." She explained herself, walking away from him and to the bar, where he had decided it was time to leave her alone, for the better.

Paige didn't usually drink, due to her having to be at peak athletic performance at any point of the day — but, the realization had set in as she sat on the barstool, and she needed something to deal with the fact that the girl, who she had just spoken to was no longer the woman she fell in love with.

Paige was heartbroken, and it was nobody's fault, but her own — "was it all worth it?" A woman's voice asked from behind her, the familiar person placed their tattooed hand onto her shoulder.

"No. I lost you, and made you hate me."

"I could never truly hate you." She whispered, placing a soft kiss on the top of the intoxicated blonde head, walking away once again into the large crowd of her party attendees.

"then why did you say it?" Paige asked in the same whisper, soon realizing she was talking to nobody.

AUTHORS NOTE — 💌one more chapter, because I love you and I want you guys to be fed as much as possible

AUTHORS NOTE — 💌
one more chapter, because I love you
and I want you guys to be fed as
much as possible.