Let me battle him...

BC Sol is big.

The path from the gate to the main building is way too long.

Jie is still at my arm, interlocking them like we're old friends.

It's a bit like my hometown. Stepping along the smooth stone path to get from one house to another then another.

But this time, just to get to the main BC Sol building.

We walk pass a small, house-like building with a red roof and finally make it to the entrance.

Jie opens the door.

As soon as the light from the building peeks out into the night, I get deafened by an excited yell by my least favourite voice. Ever.

"MEI!!!" That blue skittle with spikes yells, like we're on two opposite sides of the planet.

I take a step back, If I didn't need to fight Free De La Hoya in a spinning top battle to survive, I'd go home.

The other boy beside him - with blonde hair and an odd sense of fashion - reaches out his right hand to me, "Geez! We thought you just got bored and left or something!" He smirks.

Um, I don't recall ever meeting him, "Who...are you..?" I ask, trying to take a good look at him without coming any closer. The blonde boy's jaw drops to the ground, "Oh! okay, wow!!" He starts sulking in the corner, "It's cuz I'm not 'important' enough compared to Valt and Free huh? Okay, no it's fine!!!!" he sobs.

Valt hits him on the back, "How could you forget my best bro!?!? It's Rantaro Kiyama!!! The best buddy anyone could ask for!" He yells at me, while comforting his friend.

Jie releases me to put her hands on her hips, "Huh, you've met Rantaro too," She blinks, "And you've totally forgotten his name!" She laughs, it's unclear if she's laughing at me or him though.

None of that is important right now, though. I look around, comparing everyone who's training to the image of Free De La Hoya that Mass.io showed me on my watch.

Nobody looked like him though.

Did he cut his hair? or style it differently? Maybe.

I spot a mess of blonde hair, backed turned to me.

He's wearing a purple suit, with an odd jacket on top. His hairstyle is bunched up into a ponytail, but the shape is similar enough to the image.

Must be him, being a beyblade legend surely gives you enough money to buy a high-quality suit, as ridiculous as it sounds.

I push past Valt and Rantaro, leaving Jie on her own as she steps into BC Sol as well.

Time to get this over with and move on to the next blader.

I tap Free on the shoulder, pulling out my bey with my left hand. He turns around, seemingly having finished the battle he was currently engaged with.

"Free De La Hoya, I challenge you to a beybattle. Right now," I demand, determined to finally fight him.

Instead of black eyes, two dark blue ones blink back at me.

...Nice eye colour change...?

A cocky, arrogant voice slips out of the man's mouth, "Wh- Free?! I'm not Free, I'm Wakiya Murasaki!" He says in shock.

I look left and right, everyone's kinda glancing at me now. I gaze back at my watch - a buzz catching my attention - a little icon of Mass.io with a speech bubble.

"[WAKIYA MURASAKI] is a highly respected blader as well. He is not as well-known as [FREE DE LA HOYA] but still a legend blader nonetheless. Do try and fight him." Mass.io's speech bubble reads.

I sigh, "Good enough," I roll my eyes. Wakiya scoffs, "G-Good enough! I'll show you! Fine let's battle!" He accepts.

I walk over to the other side of the stadium - Equity placed gently into my launcher - a tinge on my back as I tighten it.

It's set to attack mode, so I ready my stance as Wakiya does the same. Jie begins the countdown, having followed me in after I left her at the entrance, aiming her phone at us.

"3!" She starts.

"2!" Others join in.

"1!" Even Wakiya begins to count.

"Let it... RIP!" They scream in unison, some from other rooms on the ground floor gathering around us to see the commotion.

Wakiya's bey immediately begins to look for opportunities to counter-attack, a defense type.

He has a look on his face, determined to prove me wrong. I don't know what I said to prove wrong though...

Equity lightly hits Wakiya's bey, and he shouts a command, "Jet shield!" Wakiya yells it like a mother scolding a son, but with an oddly smug look on his face.

I see it tries to deflect the hit to send mine spinning.

"He needs a new one, shatter it," I mouth, barely any sound coming out as most of the command is said in my head anyways.

Wakiya's bey starts to counter, but mine cuts through it. Literally.

A clean slice into his bey as it bursts, flinging into the air in halves and quarters.

The room goes silent for a good minute. After a few seconds as I'm sure I've won, I take my bey as it flings itself into my hand like metal to magnets.

Wakiya looks at me in a mix of devastation and shock. I look around, everyone displays a different kind of shock from Valt and Rantaro's mouths wide open and a gaze like I'm a supervillain to Jie's wide-eyed stare and a giddy aura around her.

I shrug, a ding coming up on my watch as I spot a kitchen sign. 

Maybe they have rice.

I walk through the long corridor and check my watch, barely anyone in the canteen area anyways.

The watch has a swirling circle in the center, and "{LOADING}..." below it. I guess I have to wait.

I grab a bowl and open a giant container, it's filled with soup. I open another, it's filled with rice.

I take a good heap of it.

Taking the bowl, I sit in the empty hall filled with large tables and chairs.

My watch returned to normal.

Text filled the screen, "[WAKIYA MURASAKI] Defeated! 10000 coins added to your tally!" it reads.

I look down at my bowl of rice for a bit.

That was easy.