6

As we walked through the hallways, I became more nervous. The information I was about to find out would determi e how I was expected to act and would be treated for the rest of my life.

"Hey,." Dan pulled me from my thoughts as he stopped in front of a door "it's gonna be alright."

I smiled tightly and nodded as he opened the door. A man sat at a desk with two chairs opposite him. He looked up as we entered.

"Come on in, take a seat guys." He spoke as he finished typing on his computer.

"Good morning Dean, this is Lucas." Dan introduced me as we sat down.

My leg bounced up and down in anticipation until Dan placed his hand on it offering me a reassuring look.

"Are you ready for your results?" The man I now knew to be called Dean asked.

I took a deep breath and nodded. He pulled a piece of paper from the printer next to him and turned to me.

"This will tell you your dynamic, take your time and ask any questions you have."

He handed me the piece of paper and I began to read.

Name: Lucas

Dynamic: Caregiver - little

Role: Little

A person who regresses to the headspace of a younger age. A little is cared for by their caregiver(s).

Expected age range: sliding (1.5-6 years)

I looked up after taking the information in.

"What does it mean by regression and headspace?" I ask.

Dan leans in slightly to read the paper before smiling at me.

"It means that sometimes you'll fall into a different mindset. Instead of feeling like an 18 year old you'll feel and act a lot younger." He explained

"It's just sometimes right? I won't always have to be like that will I?" I wasn't immediately put off at the thought of acting more childish, I'd always felt drawn to things I knew I was too old for like toys and cartoons, but the thought of never being to act grown up or have mature discussions felt wrong.

"That's right," Dean answered this time "you'd have times when you were little and times when you were big. Most littles fall into a natural balance that keeps them and their mates happy."

I nodded, satisfied at the answer and looked back down at the page.

"What about expected age range? Why does it say sliding?"

"The tests can only roughly gauge the specifics of your headspace so it just tells you around how young we'd roughly expect you to slip. Sliding just means that you'll likely slip to different ages Instead of always being around the same. Normally it's only a year or two difference but yours is a bit bigger. It might change a bit once you start slipping more."

I nodded again.

"OK." I placed the sheet on the table "I think I understand."

"Great, if you have anymore questions just ask Dan. He'll be staying with you until your mates arrive." Dean handed him the sheet of paper as well as a small card.

I thanked Dean as we left the room. This time Dan led me by my hand as we walked.

"Where are we going?" I asked

"First were going to the room you'll be staying in. We're gonna get you into some different clothes and then we'll go get you something to eat."

As if hearing his words my stomach growled slightly, making me blush as Dan lightly chuckled.

The walk from Dean's office to the room was the longest we'd done all day. I supposed it made sense that they kept the intake area separate, but I was glad when we finally stopped and Dan tapped the card to a panel on the wall. The lock clicked allowing Dan to open it and let me inside.

The room was spacious, on the left was a bed with a fluffy blanket, a wardrobe, a set of drawers and a wooden chest. The right was set up more like a living room with a sofa and two arm chairs around a large coffee table. At first glance the room was normal, but on closer inspection I noticed a few things out of the ordinary. The bed had bars on the side to form railings, on top of the drawers were baby wipes and powder and on a second glances that wooden box looked more like a toy chest.