𝙎𝙄𝙓

KAIA JACOBS

I took the pill into my hand before placing it into my mouth, chugging down the cup of water that sat on my bedside table. My eyes blinking in rapid patterns adjusting to the light that now filled the once dark corner of my dorm. My elbows propped my body up with every muscle and bone within me aching with a particular pain that I was now too familiar with. The knots in my neck and shoulder prevailing themselves at the stiffness of my movements as an attempt to stretch out last nights mistakes.

One of them now being why I'm not in my own room. More importantly who's room I was in.

I felt my palms begin to sweat as my chest started to feel heavy with the mass amount of alcohol intake that was probably marinating in my body right now. I felt sick. The internal sickness that no medication could heal. The regret hitting me harder than the hangover that started to settle in.

I looked around the dorm trying to familiarise myself with the setting in hopes of gathering some memory of the place. If  I had even been inside here before.

There were many upon many posters of infamous basketball players. Uconn flags and jerseys hung in frames above the bed and against the wall. A small desk pushed to the corner of the room with notebooks and motivational bibliographies stacked upon one another. A small tv nailed to the left hand side of the room turned to face the bed. Inevitably I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirrors as the bed sat directly facing the reflective closet. My hair seemed to be plaited which I remembered quite clearly was not the style I had when I had left for the party, I looked down at the clothing I wore which now was a oversized Uconn basketball shirt and a pair of basketball shorts.

It's probably Nika who brought me back to her dorm I hopefully assumed. Though if it wasn't her it was most definitely Azzi or Amari's dorm. Though in these very seconds I was proved embarrassingly wrong.

Paige poked her head through the small crevice she made between the door, a gentle smile on her face as she notices my awakened state. Her hair brushed and straightened to fall beside her face to which she tucked a few strands behind her ear as she walked into her dorm holding a cup of what seemed to be coffee. Her track pants hung low on her body, nike shirt hugged her body tightly as it moved with the slightest of her movements. It was almost unfair to be looking like death warmed up with her in the room.

"Morning, how'd you sleep?" She took a seat at the end of the bed being wary of the distance she kept between us.

My lips smacking together in attempts to water down my throat, "I slept good. I was so scared though I thought I had been kidnapped when I woke up." I admitted resting my hands in my lap as I leant back against the headboard.

"I didn't kick you out of your bed did I?" I say, biting back a frown. Hoping that she had stayed next to me. Even if I didn't remember at the moment at least last night me might've had the chance to be close to Paige like that.

"Yeah, it's fine though. I just bunked out on the couch." She says calmly. At least there's a chance I can still be close to her and actually remember it.

"I'm so sorry." I felt stupid for letting myself get carried away like this. So much to the point of memory loss. I had never been that drunk before. Typically I knew how to control myself, but something in the air that night made every conversation sound like 'drink'.

"Its alright, I like the couch anyways— here I got you a coffee, just the way you like-- flat white." She places the paper cup onto the night stand. I mutter a quiet thank you.

"What even happened last night?" I say patting the emptied spot beside me signalling her over. Paige slowly crawls her way into the place next to me my body relaxing at the close proximity of our bodies. My hands gripping the blanket closer to my face realising the sight of last nights makeup on my face was probably not the most attractive sight there is.