𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀

NARRATOR

Paige and Kaia stood in the middle of the court, an end of the year and the end of their college careers to begin anew.

The lights had been dimmed, the silence deafening as it surrounded them in pure serenity. Something they only got the joys to be accustomed with each other.

Paige, even after all this time. Couldn't help but smile at the girl she loved so much in front of her. The way her heart beats for her, how her stomach did flips only under the influence of Kaia Jacobs. The uncontrollable thoughts that consumed her being, those of which all consisted of Kaia. How every morning now began with her and the days ended with her. A sight she will cease to ever tire of. An undeniable and infatuating feeling of euphoria when handled in her presence. She would let Kaia reprimand her mind, body and soul. Paige does let her. Kaia eases the hard days with a hum of her voice and the simplicity of her touch inflaming the coldness of Paige's skin. Kaia is the warmth in the cold, the light within the darkness and the medicine to her sicknesses. With every beginning she was there, and with every ending she was there. An endless loop that cycled. Kaia was her everything, the thing that came before basketball.

Kaia, couldn't help the tugging at her heart strings the moment Paige laid her eyes onto her own. A feverish smile whisked from her lips as they only tended to do that when Paige was near. Without Paige, truely, Kaia didn't know where she would be. Amongst the stress, anxieties of it all. Paige was there grounding her crumbling foundations slowly mending them together. Whether she knew it or not, Paige was her reason of healing. Paige was the calm in the waves, the ripples in the ocean and the foam that seeped to the sand. Being with her felt like the pink and purple hues of the sky as the sun came to a fall at the shoreline. Calm, peaceful and beautiful. Even as the waves got bigger, stronger and the tides started to push her further out she was what tethered her to shore. The rope that always hung loose for her to grapple onto whenever. So as Kaia stared into the girl who she loved with every atom that created her, she felt at peace.

"I have something for you." Paige handed her a small gift bag. The one she had intended to give her long ago.

"Read the letter, but not out loud please. I might die of embarrassment." Paige blushed as Kaia opened the letter slowly, looking up with curious eyes.

Dear Kaia,
Words can't explain how much you mean to me.
Being with you is like an out of body experience that heals every broken limb and muscle that creates me. You are so beyond beautiful no sight compares to you. Even when the beach is at is calmest and the sun is dimming from the horizon all I find myself looking at is you. I don't think you really understand the effect you have on me. Not to mention you are so amazing. It's really fucking gross written down but it's true. I am so proud of you, in everything you do, you execute with perfection. You are perfection. I've always imagined you to be in my life, even when we hated each other I was still happy you were in it, in some form or way. I used to think the chances of us ever being together was slim to none. And the fact we are is still something I can't seem to wrap my head around. The way you move, walk, breathe. I'm left in awe. I fr worship everything you do its concerning. But for you i'd do anything, i'd be anything if it meant you'd be happy. I love the smallest things you do, like when you're happy you'll try to bite your lip and pretend you don't care but i know you do. Or when you're so focused you'll scrunch your brows slightly. And when you're admiring something you'll have this small gleam in your eye. And you look at everything like its the most beautiful thing you have ever seen. And you cherish everything like it's your reasoning of living. Kaia you're somebody I admire so much. An inspiration to many, including me. And that smile. I swear my heart falls to my stomach when I see it. It brings mass amounts of serotonin not even the sun could provide. Seeing you happy is a completely different feeling in itself. It cures stresses, anxieties, worries. Any bad thought that skims my mind vanishes at the sight of it. I don't know if you can tell by now, but I am so utterly wrapped up in you. There's everything else, everyone else than you. You stand in an entirely different list on your own. You make me feel things I didn't know where possible. I remember wanting to be with you, maybe work up the courage and talk to you. But I'd always think "nah not worth the shot." yet here we are.

I love you so much Kaia Jacobs.

Love from,
Paige x

Tears welled up in the brunettes eyes, arms tightly wrapped around Paige as the blonde found it quite hard to breathe in this moment. Though a smile still stood steadily on her lips. Cheeked pink as she wrapped her arms around her waist, reciprocating the affection.

Heart beating against each other's chests as it fell into a rhythm in unison. Bodies fitting together perfectly as their limbs fit into perfect space like they were built to be held by one another.

Kaia looks up at Paige with a leering grin. Under eyes still wetted from her tears that soon dried.

"Not worth the shot hm?" Paige shook her head with a laugh, looking down at her girlfriend lovingly.

"You are worth every shot."