𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

PAIGE BUECKERS

Within all my years of living I don't think I have ever been this happy in my lifetime. How my stomach erupted into butterflies at the mere thought of Kaia, how all my thoughts began and ended with her, how every little thing reminded me of her in the slightest ways. All I ever wished for was to be around her, be with her. To inhale the bittersweet taste of that berry perfume she always wore. Like the oxygen I needed to breathe it fed my lungs.

It hurt to not be able to hold her, kiss her whenever. Though the crowds and immense amounts of attention that consumed us enabled any chance to be near her in the way I want. In the way I need.

To not be able to hold her in my grasp was emptying.

So as I watched her dance in the centre of the club with hands ravelled in her hair and an all knowing grin on her lips. Fully aware of the way her hips moved with such smoothness and ease. How her mouth left agape releasing humid and hot breathes into the tight space as her sweaty body moved against Sierra and Leah's. Almost as if she was asking to be watched. Only Kaia held that type of captivity on people. That in a room full of others your eyes would drawl onto her like a dog to a bone. As she teased her fingers along the sides of her figure, letting herself lose control at the harsh beat of the music.

Her lips defined with the lingering taste of alcohol cleared across the plump skin. Teeth creasing her bottom lip as she bit onto it deeply. Gritting it tight in her mouth as she continued to ignore the mass amount of eyes that drew to her in constant praise. With every sway and step I found myself in even deeper desire.

She was so beautiful. Her cheekbones enhanced by the flashing lights that reflected off the walls onto her glowing skin. The natural defiance of her face blurred by the smog which produced from the roof. Caving into hot bodies that moved heavily against each other with weighed chests. Letting the effects of tequila take control over their limb bodies. But even under such vulnerable predicaments Kaia seemed more sure of herself than ever. The confidence and prominence of her attitude made her more alluring. As if Kaia was an illusion painted in the mind. The fragment of a person that could only be created in dreams, only describable through the thinned pages of books. But she was real, real in the way you could watch but never touch.

In the silence of it all I did. I get to hold her in a way no one could. I get to see her in a way no one could.

In a silent flaunt a boastful grin warmed itself to my tingling lips. Knowing only I was able to have her in a way no one could.

"Having fun?" Ice nudged me, taking a small sip from her drink as she nodded along with the music. Body moving messily with the rhythm. Her narrowed eyes and sunken gloss of her pupils confirmed her drunken state.

"Yeah, it's alright." I say, eyes never once leaving the sight of Kaia. Still projected with a strong withhold onto her shadowed figure.

"I swear that's like the 5th person that has come up to her tonight." Ice's slurred words still stuck to my tongue with a distinct disgust. Watching as a girl perch her hand onto Kaia's shoulder. Flicking her eyes down and up over her body as she intervened a conversation with the very clearly occupied Kaia. Who still danced despite the efforts the girl had shown in interest.

Even if I wanted to say something, do something. I couldn't. Grounded to the floor like cemented feet to gravel. Unable to say something even if my mouth was moving words refused to form. But even after the blatant ignorance Kaia had been showing the girls efforts still persisted as she attempted to grab ahold of Kaia once more. Before I could even enter into the conversation, Kaia swatted her hand away, throwing her hand up in dismissal.