CHAPTER FOUR.

FLING

FLING.

THEY NEVER TALKED ABOUT IT. It was never the topic of any conversation they had again after that night. Paige took Quitéra home, burger and fries in hand, and after that, it was like nothing had happened. But the girls knew something did happen. Paige often found herself lying awake at night, touching her lips remembering Quitéra's taste, her scent, the softness of her lips. Quitéra doing the same, sometimes daydreaming when she was out with friends or in class. And whenever they saw each other, the feelings only got more intense. Longing glances at each other, small brushes against each other.

And on top of all of that, Paige started to feel all the process she was making with her knee reset. She tried to be as cautious as possible but even she was willing to accept that if she kept on straining her knee, she could do irreversible damage to it.

It was another practice, now only two weeks away from the Dayton game. Paige was sitting on the bench, back to square one. Her eyes were glued to Quitéra as the girls did a scrimmage. She watched as the girl set up her teammates' shots to the goal, noting her impeccable chemistry with everyone on the court. Paige knew now that she wanted to kiss her again.

The kiss they shared distracted Paige, and she knew it was a distraction for Quitéra too. A distraction was exactly what Paige needed. Someone that made her feel more than just a cripple that peaked her freshman year. She needed someone that admired her every move and sound she made. That's what Quitéra offered her. Where Paige was a warm body and a soft voice that made Quitéra feel at home.

When practice ended, Paige finally decided to build up the courage to talk to Quitéra. Quitéra walked over to her bag on the bench, looking around and noticing that Paige was gone. She glanced down at her phone as it buzzed, picking it up and reading the message Paige had sent her via Instagram.

Paige Bueckers @ paigebueckers ✔️

come meet me in the locker room

now

Quitéra swallowed nervously at the urgency behind Paige's texts. Nonetheless, she would oblige. She took a quick look around the room to make sure no one was watching her before she made her way into the locker room. She looked down at her phone.

Quitéra B. Castillo @ qcastillo13

i'm here

Her hands were shaking as she typed that message, sliding her phone into her pocket as she stepped into the locker room, looking around for the blonde.

"Paige!" Quitéra called, cringing at the echo of her voice bouncing off the walls. Her heart was racing as her mind wandered to the things that could occur with just the two of them in there. She wondered if Paige was going to confront her about the kiss — or even better, do it again.

She was about to scream when cold hands grabbed her shoulders and pressed her back against a locker, but she was quickly shut up by the feeling of lips crashing against hers. Those familiar, soft lips were Paige's, she knew. Quitéra returned the kiss and put her hands on the taller girl's waist, her body feeling warm as they embraced each other.

It felt right, doing this. Kissing each other and drowning all of their worries into affectionate gestures. The two girls believing in a positive impact from it.

Paige was completely vulnerable to Quitéra now, and so was the latter to her.

( VAL'S NOTE )

oh my gosh they're so cute

i hope nothing bad happens

anyway, quitéra tiktok