CHAPTER TWELVE.

MAKE IT RIGHT

MAKE IT RIGHT.

THE NEXT MORNING, when Paige opened her eyes and she saw a sleeping Quitéra in front of her, she thought she had died but the second she felt a headache pierce her skull, she knew that she had probably done something stupid the night before out of drunk ambition. She was quick to make sure they were both fully clothed — the discovery gaining a sigh of relief from Paige. Still, she wondered what brought the two girls into her own bed lying together.

Paige slowly climbed out of bed trying not to disturb Quitéra and tip-toed her way to the kitchen. She grabbed herself a bottle of water out of the refrigerator and started chugging it immediately. She pulled the bottle away from her lips after finishing it off in one breath, taking a moment to try and remember what happened the night before. What could have possibly happened that landed Quitéra — who Paige was sure was distancing herself from her — in her bed.

"Morning," Nika's voice snapped Paige out of her deep thought, the brunette walking into the kitchen and grabbing a cold water as well. "We had a time last night."

"We did?" Paige clutched her empty bottle nervously.

"Yeah, girl. We were all wasted as hell. I think you actually came home earlier than everyone else," Nika sat down at the island in the kitchen.

"How did I get here?" Paige leaned over the surface, on the other side of the island from Nika.

"Quitéra brought you." The Croatian furrowed her eyebrows. "Do you not remember anything from last night?"

"No." Paige sighed in frustration. "Do you remember me saying anything? specifically to Quitéra?"

"No, why?"

"Well, it's just, um..." She's sleeping in my bed right now is what Paige wanted to say but instead, she was responding with a shrug. "I just want to make sure I didn't embarrass myself in front of our new friends."

"Nah, I think you're good." Nika laughed a little. "Speaking of them, by the way, me and some of the girls are going out with Amarion later. She's cool. You should come."

"Maybe." Paige shrugged. She wasn't a fan of Amarion at all, so it'd probably end up being a no. She tossed her water bottle in the bin and walked back to her room where Quitéra was getting of bed, stretching her arms over her head, her shirt lifting up a bit. When her brown eyes scaled over to Paige standing in the door frame, both of them froze completely.

"I-I was just leaving," Quitéra was quick to explain as she scrambled to her feet and searched for her shoes.

"Quitéra—"