CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

DISCONNECT FROM IT ALL

    THE RIDE FROM THE AIRPORT TO QUITÉRA'S HOUSE WAS PRETTY FUN, in Paige's opinion. The ride just consisted of Paige, in the front seat, talking to Quitéra's dad, who was driving, while Quitéra herself took a nap in the backseat behind Paige. Paige liked Quitéra's dad, he was a funny guy and a huge fan of basketball. Checked all of her boxes for a good conversationalist.

"That call was trash." Paige shook her head, referring to a recent game they had.

Her dad nodded in agreement, bringing the car to a stop as they finally pulled into the driveway of their house. It was a small place, smaller than Paige expected actually. The area they were in seemed quiet and peaceful, in a more rural area. Paige glanced behind her at Quitéra and reached her hand back, tapping the girls knee gently.

"Hey, we're here." She spoke softly to Quitéra.

Quitéra's eyes slowly opened her eyes, lifting her head in a lazy motion. She wiped the corner of her mouth where drool was, glaring at Paige for waking her up, making the blonde laugh. Quitéra opened the door and swung her feet over to let them hang out of the car, shaking her curly hair to make sure the back of her hair wasn't flat.

Paige got out of the car, stretching and letting out a yawn. She shut the door behind her and walked to the back to help Quitéra out, her dad walking around from the trunk to hand the girl her crutches. Quitéra thanked them and stood up on her feet, the crutches under her armpits. Paige and Quitéra followed her dad to the front door, the curly-haired girl shivering and rubbing her arms as they stood on the front porch and waited for him to unlock the door.

"I'll order a pizza for you girls tonight, is that alright?" Her dad asked, finally opening the door.

"Yes, sir." Paige responded with a polite smile, Quitéra just nodding as her own response. She shut the door behind her and took the shoe on her right foot off, Paige doing the same after seeing her do so. The blonde let her eyes sweep the room, seeing baby pictures of Quitéra, family pictures, and some random art pieces plastered on the wall. The house smelled like cinnamon and just the general scent of freshness wafted around the house. It felt homey and cozy.

Quitéra reached out to tap Paige's hand and tilted her head, gesturing her to follow. She lead her through the house, their destination not being too far since the house wasn't awfully large. Quitéra got into her room and put her bag down by the door, setting her shoe against the wall. Paige looked around the room and as expected, there wasn't much since Quitéra basically moved everything from her home to her dorm at UConn. She just had the essentials — a dresser, a bed, a nightstand with a lamp on it.