Hungover

Carlo's POV
I woke up with a slitting headache "What the fuck happened yesterday" I said trying to remember what happened the previous day.

I heard my phone ringing cutting my thought short, I scrambled around looking for it and quickly picked it up "why are you calling me this early" I said dryly.

"That's no way to talk to your mother Carlo" my mother's gentle voice came through the phone.

"Mumm?, why are you calling so early in the morning " I replied cautiously

"Can't I check up on my son " she said

"Yeah you can I guess so what is the reason you called?" I replied not wanting to drag the conversation as my head was still in a lot of pain.

"Well I want you to meet one of my book club friends daughter, maybe you guys can get to know each other" she said and I could tell she was smiling while saying this.

"Mum I'm not in the right state to be meeting just anyone nor do I want to get into a relationship, for now I just want to focus on the company" I said quickly hoping she would drop it.

"Don't give me that bullshit Carlo you think I don't know you've been going to different clubs literally every night getting yourself drunk, Carlo you need to stop this you deserve better than her" mum replied.

"I'll talk to you later mum I need to get to work" I replied not wanting to drag the conversation.

"Carlo I'm really worried make sure to call me later okay, I love you baby" she replied

"Yes ma I love you too, say hi to dad for me" I said

"Okay bye then" she said as she cut the line.

"UHHHHHH" I yelled trying to let loose some frustration

I quickly got out of bed to get an aspirin and had my bathe to get a start on my day, I got dressed and left my house heading to the front of the house where my driver was.

"Good morning sir" my driver greeted as I entered the car, "where to"he asked

"Good morning Merkel, to work " I said to my driver

........
"See you later, Merkel" I said while getting out of the car.

I entered my company and walked to the elevator leading to my office as I noticed my employees greeting me as I walked by not bothering to reply I got into my private elevator and thought about last nice, I remember meeting this really pretty girl at the club and she was so bold I can't get her off my mind

The elevator pinged and I got out mentally preparing myself for the stressful day ahead "good morning sir" my secretary greeted as she sighted me.

"What is my schedule for today Ms. Stone" I asked walking towards my office.

"You have a meeting with Mr. Romano by 10, a meeting with Mrs. Gazal at 1, a few files I'll need you to sign and also some files from the marketing department for you to look over" she said as she finished with a sigh.

"Okay get me files on Mr. Romano and also the files that need to be signed in my office" I replied and thought well the day begins.

I got to my office and saw my coffee already on my table alongside the files I requested for, I looked through the files, then got to my meeting once it was 10.

"Mr. Romano pleasant seeing you here" I greeted

"No need to be so formal Carlo" he said with a thick Italian accent.

Mr. Romano's company was well known in Italy, he's a man in his mid 40's and already owns one of the biggest companies in the world, I really need to finalize this deal with him.

"Well let's carry on with the meeting" I said guiding him to take his seat

An hour has passed and I was anxious I was yet to Mr. Romano making any signs of like or dislike he was a stoic man.

When the meeting finally ended "I'll get back to you after consulting my directors" Mr. Romano said

I replied with a curt nod as I escorted him out and bid him goodbye, I sighed as I made my way back to my office to go about my day and couldn't stop thinking about the girl from the club her beautiful dark brown eyes and her black hair she has packed into a slick puff.

.......

I checked the time and cursed out"shit it's already 11 I promised mother to call her"

I quickly picked up my phone to call my mother, seeing tons of messages and calls I knew she was going to be furious with me, I called her and thankfully she picked up

"Good evening ma" I said on a light note trying to lighten the mood

"CARLOS ARTHUR HOLLAND you are so infuriating, do you have an idea how many times I called you"she started, oh shit

"Ma I'm really sorry, I wasn't ignoring your calls I was just really busy with work"

"So your work is more important than your mother" she replied as I heard sobs follow, "I just want what's best for you, I don't want you broken just because of that girl" she continued while sniffling.

"Ma please stop crying I'm trying my best" I said feeling overwhelmed by the fact that I made my mother cry.

"But you still go to Clubs and get drunk" she said not sobbing as much.

"It's just a coping mechanism, I just need time alright" I sighed tiredly.

"and I miss my baby, you've changed so much" she said quietly and I sighed again.

It's been a year since I caught my girlfriend with one of my employees on my bed, I was heartbroken and lost so I started drinking and going to clubs to forget about her and the pain was bearable for just the while I was drunk.

"I'll try to find time to visit" I said hoping to calm her down a bit.

"Okay, we'll talk later, I love you" she said

"I love you too" I said ending the call.

I packed my things and headed to the club hoping to meet that pretty lady and forget about my pains, I've never felt this way before, she makes me at peace and I don't even know her name.

OMG guysss😭😭 our baby is heartbroken

Make sure you like 🌹

I love you guys❤️