Chapter 3 : A force to be reckoned with.

SHIVANGI CHANDRAVANSHI

All I saw was red.

My breathing became ragged while my grip on the gun tightened enough to turn my knuckles white.

The man who's family had taken my everything from me, was right here.

My mind was spiralling out of control with all the ways that I could kill him.

My heart thudded loudly in my chest as my mind went through all the possibilities in which this situation could play out.

But you don't know if he was involved in that incident.

My conscience reasoned with me.

But was I in any state to have a reasonable argument ? No.

My first instinct was to lunge at him and slice his neck open, my fingers reached for the knife hidden under my shirt but soon retracted.

You don't kill innocent people. Calm yourself.

The voice in my head lectured me again.

But it was right.

Sighing deeply, I stood up from my spot and walked towards him. His men stood straight and alert, ready to save their boss from any kind of danger.

I mentally laughed at that.

I am the catastrophe he needs to be saved from.

Tilting my neck back a little, I looked up at him to see his face still covered with the hood.

I must admit his lips looked so plump and soft while his jaw was set and defined.

Okay, lights, camera and action.

"Thank you for saving my butt back there. I owe you." I smile softly at him and noticed that his body had visibly tensed.

Huh ?

His men looked at us with utmost attention, ready to launch into action if needed.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, I bowed my head a little and turned around to walk away.

A voice halted my steps.

His voice.

And damn did it have to be so deeply husky and manly ?

But what actually made me do a 180 degree turn was the words that he had said.

"I will walk you home." His authorative voice left no room for discussion and I was too tired after today's events to argue with another man.

I nodded my head slightly with a tired smile.

Coming to stand beside me, he ordered his men to go without looking back.

And they scattered out of the alley in a minute.

Another silence engulfed us but it didn't felt as awkward as before. I started walking with him beside me.

"What's your name ?" I looked over into his direction and stopped in my tracks, he did too.

I hadn't realised when had he taken off his hood.

He is majestic.

This is so unfair.

His midnight hair were messy and fell over his eyebrows while his eyes were the deepest shade of blue.

Truly mesmerizing.

God really took his time on him.

I was gaping him at a fish and had zip up my mouth the second I noticed a smirk forming on his face.

A slight red hue covered my cheeks at the prospect of getting caught while openly ogling at him.

"Shivangi Chandravanshi." I said while resuming my steps.

"Si belle." His voice came out in a whisper, barely audible for me to hear.

I looked at him questioningly while he just looked straight ahead.

"I am Adhiraaj Singh Rajvansh." As if his army and powerful aura didn't already told me that.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir." He cocked up his eyebrow, his lips lifted in a smirk and his eyes filled up with amusement as I did a princess bow infront of him.

"So, you are aware of who I am ?" His voice held a certain emotion which I could not put my finger on.

I scoffed, "Who doesn't know about THE Rajvansh's ?"

He did a little shake of his head and seemed to be deep in his thoughts.

We continued to walk in silence as the building of my apartment came into my view. A smile naturally broke out on my face.

Finally, I can sleep now.

Adhiraaj looked over at me with a raised brow, I sighed and said "What ? Is a girl not allowed to be excited to fall asleep on her bed ?"

Before he could say anything my phone ringed in my pocket.

Taking it out and looking at the caller Id, it was Mohini aunty.

I picked up her call and heard her worried voice, "Beta have you reached home ? Aur kuch khaya ya nahi bhi tak ?"

A giggle left my lips, I might strt crying tears of joy because of how grateful I am to have her in my life.

"Ji aunty bas aa gai. Aap chinta na krein mai khana khalungi. Aap theek hain ?" My voice turned into a concerned one towards the end.

"Yes beta, everything is handled here-" there was some disturbance from her side, after a minute of silence she continued her "beta I will call you back later, okay ?"

Without waiting for a reply, she hung up on me.

Frowning in worry, I kept my phone inside my pocket and looked up at the beautiful cover of night which was adorned with stars.

Closing my eyes, I joint my hands together and mentally whispered a silent prayer to god.

Please bhagwan ji, Mohini aunty ke saath kabhi kuch bura na ho. Unke saare dukh aap mujhe dedijiye but unko khush rakhiyega please. Unke bahot ehsaan hai mujh par. Please meri maa ka khayal rakhiyega.

I opened my eyes and almost face palmed myself.

For a moment, I had completely forgotten that Adhiraaj Singh Rajvansh was right here with me. Looking at me with his deep sea blue eyes so intensely as if he was trying to look into my soul.

An indecipherable expression took over his face but he said nothing.

I walked slightly faster, angry at myself for giving him a glimpse of my vulnerability.

Reaching the gate of my building, I put on a smile and turned to look at him.

"This is my building. Thank you so much for walking me home but I will be fine from here." The slight opening and then closing of his mouth told me that he wanted to protest and walk me to my door.

Giving up, he nodded. His expression serious while his eyes looked at me with a strange softness in them.

I smiled at him again, wishing him a good night. I had almost turned around to go inside my building when I heard him say, "Will you be my wife ?"

____________________________________________

The next chapter is in Adhiraaj's pov, so stay tuned!