CHAPTER 7

Richard's POV

My curiosity had me searching for every tiniest bit of information about Bella Portillo and so far, I haven't been able to conclude if she is indeed my ex-wife or someone else.

She started Eagles Home online three years ago while in the University with no employee but herself and now, she has several employees and two different branches in London and Norway.

The new branch in New York would make it the third.

“Mr Portillo?” The guy beside her turns to her in confusion, his anger from early on slowly dissolving.

She shifts uncomfortably before grabbing his hands and flashing me one of her joyless smiles. “Good day to you too, Mr. Giodano.”

I nod at her with a smile, impressed by her acting skills. Whenever she is around me, I am fully convinced she is Arabel.

The clumsy side of her is still present. The way she avoids eye contact with me and the way she looks mad for a second and good another second makes it all the more plausible.

Aside from that, this guy is obviously not into acting. He probably has no idea about her decision to pretend to be someone else to me because of what we had in the past.

I wouldn't fail at recognizing the woman I married out of convenience. She might look totally different; more sophisticated and classy but her cat-eye is still the same.

It makes her look more sexy especially when she bats her eyelid severally at me in an attempt to avoid my gaze.

How can I forget the body of the woman I spent a night with just a few weeks before our divorce?

That one night refused to leave my head even with her absence. Eve's betrayal was like an eye-opener.

It made me realize my loss. I had gold but I was in search of diamonds. I lost that gold and I didn't get the diamond either.

Her absence made my heart grow more fonder of her. It made me value her; our times together and the little moment of happiness we both shared before Eve arrived.

I wanted to do everything to get her back, plead with her for forgiveness and start all over again all to no avail. She disappeared into thin air and off the radar.

And now she was back.

Not as my wife but as my partner.

My jaws grind at the sight of the two of them smiling at something I don't catch. When he touches her arm, I decide it is time to leave.

“I will see you in a jiffy then”, I mutter and head towards the entrance without waiting for a reply.

There is no denying that I am not feeling a tiny bit of jealousy and it makes me want to scold myself for the emotion. If she is married, I should let go of whatever had happened between us in the past.

But I know I can't.

The fact that she is back, very close to me makes me want to do everything I can to get her back.

It's just so sad that she is married and having to chase a married woman is totally unethical unless they are not in love.

At the thought of that, I halt in my tracks.

Are they in love?

Obviously, they are. This man is a young smoking hot guy.

He looks like guys who take modelling as a career or do advert promotions.

If my earliest assumptions about her being married to an old rich man were true, perhaps the idea of not being in love would have been possible.
But now, I don't even know.