CHAPTER 13

Richard's POV

Shrieking excitedly, Daisy jumps into my embrace, tossing the bouquet away.

The action jerks me out of my reverie, making me wonder if she knows I am her father just like I just got to know tonight.

It makes my heart tug in pain. Seeing Arabel again reminds me of what I have lost; love, a good, kind, and submissive woman, and a beautiful baby like Daisy.

“Hi,” I wave awkwardly at Arabel who has confusion written all over her as to why I am here. She does not reply to me.

Instead, she asks. “Did you follow me here?”

I should have known she would ask that. Everyone would have asked that but I didn't.

Just before I can defend myself, Daisy cuts me to it.

“You made it,” Daisy screams again, making Arabel open her eyes wide to stare from me to her daughter.

Daisy took my number that day at the anniversary. It was as though the Heavens were working for me tonight.

As soon as I figured out that there was a high possibility that she was mine, I thought of tracing Arabel to her home address and pleading with Griffin to tell me if he knew where she stayed until a call came in.

It was Daisy. She was throwing a tantrum over the phone after waking up to the absence of her mother.

Glad for the opportunity, I told her her mom was on her way home and I would love to check up on her too. She willingly gave me the address. Not wanting to come empty-handed even though I have no slightest idea what I came here for, I bought a bouquet on my way.

Visiting a lady late in the night meant something. Coming along with a bouquet meant a lot.

I didn't want to think much about what I was doing, I just wanted to make amends. I wanted her to see how much I had changed. I wanted her to see the true me and forgive me for my past mistakes.

If I wasn't obsessed with Eve, perhaps, we would still be together today.

"What are you doing here?” The coldness is back in her voice as she glares at me with an icy pierce, her arms folded around her bosom.

Not knowing what exactly to say about my sudden appearance, I turn to the smiling Daisy in my arms. “She called for help.”

“What?!” Arabel turns to her daughter with a deep frown. “Daisy? What help is he talking about?”

She doesn't respond. She only pouts.

“Get down!”

“I'm sorry if I am interrupting anything but can I come in?”

A sharp no is what I expect but she isn't saying anything. She is busy glaring at Daisy, expecting her to obey her orders.

However, Daisy isn't budging. She doesn't look like someone who would come down from my arms in a million years and I am praying she doesn't too.

As if remembering immediately that we are now business partners, her eyes soften and she steps away from the door, permitting me to enter.

I squat to pick up the bouquet before stepping in. Her home is beautiful. It speaks so much about her career, ranging from the artistic beautiful frames on her wall and the colorful paintings alongside ancient antiques.

It makes me feel a knot in my stomach. At the fact that this is no longer the woman I married. She might be pretending to be someone else but she is indeed a changed woman.