𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 a pounding headache. and of course kk was blasting 2009 justin beiber at fucking max volume.

azzi, aaliyah, and paige were over, and nika was no where to be found. as i said before, probably somewhere being grumpy!

i sat down with everyone on my couch, and we were all about to watch a movie when i got a call. it was from my sister.

i got up, and walked over to my bed to take the call.

"what do you want, vanessa?" i said, playfully.

"oh shut up. dude, mom is being so crazy she..." vanessa went on and on ranting about how our mom didn't let her go to some sleepover.

i don't know, my sister's very dramatic.

after we were done on the phone, i sat back onto the couch, tuning into the scary movie they were watching.

we were watching some dubbed japenese firm on netflix, when there was a jumpscare and at the same time the door to our dorm swung open.

what i saw in the door frame was scarier then any movie.

"what?" nika said, throwing a smushed bouquet flowers on my lap.

"uh-"

"from your girlfriend." she interrupted me, rolling her eyes.

"who?" i said, picking them up, and reading the tag on it.

𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐫.

"ohhh skylar." i said, looking at them, and then tossing them on the table next to me.

we all finished watching the movie which was honestly scary, but what was even more terrifying was the fact that the words didn't match up with the actors mouths.

"i don't know about y'all... but i am quaking right now." azzi said, and everyone started laughing.

everyone but nika, she was staring at the flowers on the table.

paige and aaliyah were playing with kk's rubix cube near her desk, and azzi and kk were slapping eachother in the corner, so it just left nika and i together on the couch.

"you want them?" i said, throwing them on her lap.

she looked at me with the most confused look ever.

"you were staring at them."

"you guys went on one date and now she's buying you flowers?" nika said, tossing them back on my lap.

"i guess." i said, sighing.

"you like her?" she said, looking down at her phone.

"well- yeah." lie.

"goodluck with that." she said, standing up.

"huh?" i said, getting up and following her.

she just shrugged and leaned against the wall, "she has a real bad reputation with girls, that's all."

i was confused, what does she mean, a bad reputation with girls? also, i'd like to add this is the longest conversation i've ever had with nika, without arguing or bickering.

"what do you mean?"

"i thought you were smart, i think you should be able to put two and two together." she said, scoffing.

nevermind!

she tried walking away, and i grabbed her arm.

"can you stop messing with me?"

she sighed, giving in, and leaned back against the wall.

"she cheated on her last 4 girlfriends." she shrugged.

i stared at her for a good 10 seconds. "how do i know you're not lying?"

she just shrugged. oh my god, she is so stubborn.

"well, how do you know?" i asked, ANOTHER shrug.

i just groaned, and walked over to my bed, contemplating my life.
_________________

we all decided to go to dinner at a new restaurant near campus.

we went around 5, and has to wait in line for like, 45 minutes.

while waiting, i found a claw machine. i saw the cutest turtle stuffed animal, and i wasted all my quarters on it, losing every time.

i walked back to my friends. azzi and paige were indulged in a conversation, kk was bugging some poor little kid, and aaliyah was on instagram live.

nika was sitting on the bench, playing on her phone, paying no attention to anyone.

i went up to her.

"nika." i said, but she didn't look up.

i kicked her foot, gently, and she finally looked up.

"yeah?" she asked, kinda sounding annoyed.

"you got any quarters?" i asked, trying not to make eye contact.

"yeah." she said, and looked back down at her phone.

"well, can i have them?"

"hmm.. no." she answered.

"why?" i asked.

"because you suck at the claw machine, i just daw you blow all your quarters, trying to play some rigged ass game." she said getting up.

"what are you-" i said, as she walked over to the claw machine.

"which one?" she asked, and i pointed at the turtle.

she rolled her eyes, and put the quarters in. she focused on the game, and ended up getting the turtle.

"here's your stupid turtle." she said, putting it in my hands, and walking away.

"thank you-" i said, getting interrupted by one of the workers saying that our table was ready.

i furrowed my eyebrows. she was probably just trying to shove it in my face that she was better at the stupid game than i was.

god she's so petty, but atleast i got this cute little turtle.

i sighed, following my friends to our table.
_________________

KATRINA SPEAKS
hi guys!! not that short of a chap decided to not rob yall that bad today. anyway hope yall enjoy i promise more chaps this week!! also i think im starting another book sooo stay tuned for that. BYE CHAT ily ALSO
YALL ARE FUCKING INSANEEE?? 4k READS?? i actually love yall like fr okay bye guysssssssssss!!