CHAPTER 8

Two days before their performance, a special day dawned upon them: Heeseung's birthday,it's their bambi boy's birthday. Suno had meticulously planned and awaited this day for the past two weeks, not only focusing on their upcoming comeback performance but also on this momentous occasion. It was the day he intended to surprise Heeseung and fix their relationship before everything unfolded.

~Flashbacks~

2 weeks before Heeseung birthday

Suno found himself seeking refuge in the comforting embrace of his friends' apartment, a temporary sanctuary from the relentless demands of their impending comeback. As he settled into the familiar surroundings, he was met with a concerned gaze from his friend, a silent acknowledgment of the toll that his illness had taken on both his body and mind.

Caught in the throes of their hectic schedule, Suno offered a feeble excuse, a mere facade to conceal the depths of his struggles. "So busy with our comeback that it's affecting our body," Suno sighed, hoping to downplay the severity of his condition. The weight of his responsibilities bore down upon him, threatening to crush his spirit beneath its suffocating embrace. Yet, amidst the chaos, he dared not reveal the true extent of his suffering, lest it cast a shadow over the fleeting moments of respite he had stolen for himself.

"Even though you're busy, you should keep yourself healthy and eat a proper meal every time," his friend stated with a hiss, concern etched into every word. Suno couldn't help but chuckle at his friend's worry, yet another reminder of the burdens he carried alone, hidden beneath a facade of normalcy.

"By the way," his other friend interjected, drawing their attention to a topic of conversation that strayed into unfamiliar territory. In the comforting embrace of his friends' apartment, Suno found solace in the mundane chatter of everyday life, a brief respite from the weight of his own struggles. "There have been a lot of hanahaki cases these days," his friend continued, the mention of the disease casting a shadow over their lighthearted banter.

"Oh yeah, my neighbor's daughter just got an operation because of this disease," added another friend, their words punctuated by a solemnity that hung heavy in the air. Suno listened intently, his mind racing with thoughts of his own hidden affliction. "Really? They said this disease wouldn't last long and would die down on its own," remarked yet another friend, their words ringing hollow against the backdrop of Suno's own silent suffering.

That depends on the person... it depends on how they loved that person," Suno mused, his thoughts drifting to the complexities of human emotion. His words hung heavy in the air, catching the attention of his friends and drawing them into a moment of introspection.

"Surprisingly, you know a lot of things about these," Suno's friend remarked, breaking the silence and prompting Suno to snap out of his reverie. He blinked, realizing with a start that he had spoken aloud, his thoughts laid bare for all to hear.

Suno awkwardly laughed, attempting to deflect the gravity of his words with a lighthearted explanation. "I mean, as you said, there are a lot of cases flooding around. Of course, I'll know a little bit about it, just a little bit," he explained, his voice tinged with uncertainty as he sought to downplay his own knowledge.

His friends exchanged knowing looks, sensing that there was more to Suno's words than met the eye. But rather than press him further, they chose to let the moment pass, shifting the conversation to lighter topics and basking in the simple joy of each other's company.