Help can come from unexpected places...

A few days passed, and Baran refused to speak with his father. All Dilan could think about was finding a way to get them to talk. Until they did, Baran's wound would not start healing. And she could no longer sit by and watch her husband in that state. She was at her office as Baran had insisted he had to go to the company. His mood was all over the place, so she decided not to contradict him. She had the interviews for the head of the new facilities that were canceled and rescheduled, and she had met two candidates already. Neither to Dilan's liking. She clicked with neither of them. Zeynep came into her office. "The final applicant has come. Should I tell her to come in?" Dilan replied. "Yes, please. Bring us something to drink as well, Zeynep. Thank you!" Her assistant left, and Dilan stared at her phone. The morning was gone, and Baran had not even texted her. "Should we eat together?" She took the initiative. The door to her office opened again. A woman followed Zeynep. Dilan thought she was as young as she was. She was also beautiful and had kind features. She felt a connection with her. It was instant. "Dilan, I..." Kerem entered her office unannounced. He looked around, and his eyes didn't pass the woman. "Kerem?" The man was transfixed. "Kerem!" He shook his head and finally answered. "Sorry, Dilan. I didn't know you had company. The door was opened. I apologize." Dilan circled her desk and went to them. "No need to worry. If you want, you can stay. Ms..." The woman ended her sentence. "Dilara. Nice to meet you." Dilan reciprocated. "Nice to meet you, too. Let me introduce you to our head legal adviser, Mr. Kerem."

After exchanging greetings, they all sat opposite each other. "Kerem, have you seen Baran today?" Her friend was distracted. "Sorry, what?" She smiled. "Baran. My husband. Your best friend. Remember him?" He looked embarrassed. "Yes, of course. I left him in a meeting with the design team." He was busy. That is why he didn't answer her. Dilan started the interview. The whole time, Kerem did not intervene. He just listened. He would steal glances at Dilara while pretending to be looking at the dossier in his hands. Dilan wished for Baran to be with her to witness this. Seeing Kerem like this could take his mind off things for a bit. And on that note. "Sorry, Dilara. Do you have time to have a lunch? We can continue our talk then." She made a gesture like she didn't mind. "Great! I would like you to meet Mr. Karabey as well. Kerem, do you have time to join us?" Dilan saw Kerem repressing a smile. "Sure, sure... I have time to eat." Not the smoothest. Baran definitely needed to see this. "Okay, then I'll call Baran, and we can all go together." Dilan stood and reached for her phone. She pressed one, and the call went out. It rang a few times before he answered. "Dilan!" She cleared her throat. "Mr. Karabey, would you be so kind as to join us for lunch in a few minutes?" Silence. "Join us? Who is us?" Dilan put her hand close to her mouth and whispered on the phone. "You, me, Kerem and Dilala." Her husband was confused. "Dilala?" Dilan glanced at them. The woman was clueless, and Kerem could not take her eyes off her. "The person I'm interviewing as head of the new orphanage." She could tell Baran was amused. And he whispered back. "Why are we whispering?" Dilan replied. "Come, and you will see for yourself."

Baran was puzzled by the phone call. He had an idea of what was happening, but at the same time, he could not give it credit. His friend ran from women like Baran ran from social events. Baran informed his secretary he would be out for about two hours and headed to the Foundation's offices. He knocked on the door. "Come in." His wife answered. Upon entering the room, he first saw Kerem. His friend didn't notice him coming in. "Baran!" The woman stood after hearing Dilan. His friend did the same. "Ms. Dilan. You called, and I came." She went to him and hugged him. "I'm glad you came. Let me introduce you to Ms. Dilala... Ms. Dilala, this is Baran Karabey. The CEO of the company..." He extended his hand. "And her husband." Baran completed. He shook hands with the woman and then wrapped his arm around Dilan. He was rewarded by her blush. Beautiful! "Should we leave already? I'm hungry." His friend suggested. Dilan winked at Baran, and he repressed his smile. "Let's go, of course. Let's!... But Kerem, we will go in your car if that suits you. My truck is getting clean." Kerem seemed confused, but he agreed. When they reached the parking lot. Ms. Dilala was going to sit on the back, but Baran stopped her. "If you don't mind. I would like to sit with my wife." She seemed nervous. "No, not at all. Be my guest." Dilan moved her head in disapproval and joined him in the back of the car. Kerem was looking for something outside. Baran asked Dilan with his eyes, and she gestured with her hand as if she were opening a door, then acting like something had fallen. He understood. His friend was looking for the car's key on the floor. Baran stared out the window to prevent him from laughing. He never knew his friend to be the clumsy type. Eventually, Kerem got in. "Everything okay, Kerem?" His friend stuttered. "Yes... Yes, of course."