Rebekah Visits

Chapter Twelve

I sat down on the ground, holding my knees to my chest and sobbing. Klaus was going to come back and so was Elijah. I don't know what Klaus was gonna do or say but I didn't think it was gonna be good. And I was truly afraid.

I placed a hand over my stomach. I was having a breakdown. I couldn't deal with this. I was having a baby. Okay. With Klaus. Okay. But now witches were trying to use me and my baby as leverage to manipulate said boyfriend. I couldn't let anything hurt my child. I wouldn't let anything hapen to my baby.

"Love?" Klaus called. I looked up to see him. He pulled me to my feet and held me tightly. He rocked me in his arms and I cried in his chest. "It's going to be okay. I'm going to work it all out. We're just gonna have to stay awhile in New Orleans. I'll figure it out though. I'll find us a place and get you back home with me, where you belong," he whispered in my ear.

"Baby, don't leave me. Please," I begged.

"I won't," he promised. He kissed me on the lips twice softly and pulled away. He talked to Sophie and she showed us to a place where I was gonna be held captive. Klaus took off his jacket and laid it down on the hard bench. "Well, I guess I'll have to make myself comfy," he sighed, sitting down and then slowly laying down.

"Come here, love," he beckoned. I crawled on top of him and wrapped my arms around him. His hands landed on my flat stomach and a smile lite his face. "We're having a baby," he whispered.

"Are you okay with that?" I asked.

"I'm delighted. My one chance at a family with a lovely girl. I couldn't ask for anything better. Things are going to get crazy though, love. But I'm gonna do my best to protect you and try not to take my anger out on you. I don't enjoy being told what to do, but if it means keeping you and our child alive, so be it."

"Klaus," I whispered, looking up at him.

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Not running away. For letting me be with you for this long. For making me this happy. I know things aren't even remotely good and I'm rather scared, but I want to be with you and I am. I didn't think kids would be in our deck of cards, ever, but I'm happy we're having a baby. I always wanted to have children, and now even being with a vampire isn't going to take away that dream," I replied.

"Hmm," he hummed, stroking the side of my head. I slowly let me eyes close and drifted off to sleep.

***

When I woke up the next morning I was alone. Klaus' jacket was under me though. I sat up and frowned, blinking back tears. I knew he'd be back. But still I was upset about practically being locked up in here.

I sat around, bored to death, playing with the hem of my shirt. I needed more clothes, a shower, and food. I was starving. "Morning, love," Klaus greeted.

"Hey," I whispered sadly.

"Cheer up. You're going home with me. Elijah and Sophie talked. My brother forced me to go make up with Marcel. Last night, I kind of freaked out on him and bit one of his guys so I went and healed him. Oh, he also brought Sophie her sister's dead body. Now get up. I'm feeding you, taking you shopping, and giving you a new phone. We have a car, let's go," he smiled and I got up.

I grabbed his jacket and went to hand it to him but he stopped me and placed it around my shoulders. "Are you sure the witches said I can leave? How are they supposed to be able to hurt me?" I asked him nervously.

"Sophie linked you guys. If I hurt her, I hurt you. She kind of tested that out when you were sleeping. She cut her hand, you whimpered in your sleep and bled. Of course I healed you, you're fine, love. So I can't hurt her. But yes, she agreed to let you leave," he said and I nodded.