Chapter 33

"I'm really glad you two want to help me do this." I mentioned again, as Oliver and Kellin walked down the school halls with me, towards the music classroom.

"Yes, you've said that like five times now. What I still don't understand is what we're going to be helping you with." Oliver muttered in a slightly annoyed tone.

"And yet, you're here." I smirked back at him and Oliver simply rolled his eyes at me.

"That's only because my sweet, darling, boyfriend here begged me to." He stated, groping at Kellin's ass, making him jump in surprise. Kellin smacked Oliver's arm and they both laughed.

"You two make me sick." I muttered in fake disgust.

"No, no, sis- you could learn from this. Honestly." And I knew what he was hinting at, so I gave him a warning look to which he just laughed. I simply rolled my eyes and pushed open the door to the classroom. "So please, explain what we're doing."

"We... are going to make a video of me singing, for an audition." I simply explained as I pushed Kellin to the piano and shoved my camera into Oliver's hands. I wanted to sing the song that Kellin and I had done together for my audition, so I thought it was a good idea to have him play piano in the background.

"Wait... audition?" Kellin then asked.

"Yeah, it's part of my application... for that school in New York... it's no big deal really." I spoke quickly, knowing I was going to get some sort of lecture from at least one of them.

"You want to go to New York?" Oliver asked skeptically. "What's so special about that school?"

"It's the best, basically." Kellin simply stated, so that I didn't have to explain. So many people around campus knew about this school and had tried to audition for a spot, but most of us had failed. Except this year, Andy got in. Dickhead.

That was slight jealousy talking.

"I'm not going to be accepted in anyway, but I just want to try... see if I'm good enough."

Oliver frowned as he looked at me. "And what if they do take you in? You're just going to leave everything behind?" He asked.

"Um, no-" I mumbled nervously. "Trust me, they're not gonna want me. I just want to give it a try, what's the harm in that?" I was trying to hide the part of me that actually did really want this. In all honesty, in my head I was fighting forth and back on this, weighing out the pros and cons... but a simple audition couldn't hurt, right? And at least if I got rejected, then I could just close that chapter of my life instead of having to wonder; what if... I had been thinking about this for weeks now. Ever since Andy brought it to my attention.

"Yeah but- for the sake of conversation, let's say they do take you. Then what about that boyfriend of yours, are you just going to leave him?" Oliver questioned.

"Of course not." I immediately defended. "For the sake of conversation... I wouldn't just leave him. I mean, long distance relationships can work, right? He'd understand, right?" Hell, that didn't sound very convincing, not even to me.

Kellin nodded and assured me with his smile that it would be okay, but I honestly wasn't so sure. That was the part of me that didn't want to be accepted into that school at all. It was a confusing war in my head, and I had no idea what to do about it. 

"So what song did you want to do?" Kellin then asked, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Our song." I told him with a proud smile. He simply nodded and started playing the notes. Oliver sighed and held the camera directed at me as we began the first shot. We recorded the song a few times over, so I could just sit down and see which was the best one before I'd send it off. I was nervous and excited about it. And I kept convincing myself that it was all just for good fun. It was just to see what they'd think of me.