Chapter 35

Valentine's Day. Another one of those stupid, commercial, bled out days where the hot people, and the lucky ones if you want to call them that, would have a blast at rubbing their so-called love into the faces of the lonely and not-so lucky ones. The day where the prices of a simple box of chocolates skyrocketed like they were made out of pure gold and countless of flowers were murdered for no serious reason.

And yet, something deep inside of me kinda loved it this year.

I was such a hypocrite.

As I was walking down the school's hall, on my way to my next class, with Kellin at my side, Vic appeared in front of me with a big smile on his face. "For you." He said as he presented a single rose to me.

"God, you're so lame." I said with a chuckle as I took the rose from him.

He simply shrugged and walked on with us. "It's gonna get worse." He whispered below his breath, so I could barely hear. I looked at him curiously, but he just gave me an innocent smile.

What was he up to?

Biology class was boring, to say the least. Our skeptic of a teacher talked about how love was just a chemical reaction... something programmed in our system so that our kind wouldn't go extinct. That was all I picked up though. Honestly I didn't really care much for it.

Meanwhile Vic and I kept sending each other little notes, and it made me feel like a ten-year-old and her first crush in middle school.

Vic: you did like the rose, right?

Me: of course, you dork. it's beautiful.

Vic: just like you.

Me: shut up.

Vic: you shut up.

Me: fine.

Vic: no please don't shut up.

Me: ...

Vic: oh come on... will you be my date for tonight?

Me: you know that I don't want to go.

Vic: pretty please? <3

I groaned and crumbled up the piece of paper. I glanced over to Vic, who was sitting at the table behind me and looked at him skeptically. He had his hands folded and looked at me with his huge, dark brown puppy dog eyes.

Damn, how could I possibly say no to that?

"Fine." I mouthed silently in his direction.

"Score!" Vic exclaimed, victoriously punching his fist in the air.

I rolled my eyes and laughed at his reaction. "Is something the matter, mister Fuentes?" Our teacher asked him.

"Um no, nothing at all." Vic muttered, quickly putting his hand back down and focusing on his book again. Dork.

Everything was going so well lately. My grades that needed improving were slowly but surely getting better, and the rest stayed quite the same, which was fine.

Between Vic and me things almost couldn't get any better. I was saying almost, because of course there was still that one little thing... but as he would say it; all in good time. And I wasn't even really worried about it anymore.

The day after Vic's birthday, after I had finally publically shown that we were together, Oliver had pretty much come out to our parents. He had invited Kellin over for dinner, and basically just blurted it out at the table while firmly holding onto Kellin's hand.