Chapter 12 ~ Trapped

After the last little cliffhanger, I had to continue it.

I also will be mentioning somebody is 'bipolar'. I've only learnt a little about what bipolar from a couple of fanfics I've read so I only have a rough idea of what it is. Please correct me if I am wrong in the comments

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------

So here's what happened last time...

Ryder, Ryley, Jake and Marley were alone in an empty classroom at Julliard, just joking around, singing and talking.

Then a gun shot goes off from out in the hallway. They all freeze.

Another shot goes off and they panic. Ryder drags Ryley to hide while Jake does the same with Marley.

Ryder holds onto Ryley, freaking out while calming down Ryley's silent sobs. He looks over at Jake and Marley. Marley is in tears while Jake is hugging her, calming her and kissing her cheek and head.

What do they do?

Now:

Ryley was trembling in Ryder's arms against the wall. The two main gun shots went off 10 minutes ago. No noise has be heard since then. 

Marley takes her chance to crawl across the floor to Ryder and Ryley, crying and hearing Jake's whispering for her to come back to him. But he follows her once she reaches Ryley's side. Ryley let's go of Ryder and hugs her best friend.

"Guys, I have to tell you all something." Ryley whispers.

"What?" Ryder asks with a quiet voice.

"I'm bipolar. It's mild though." Ryley whispers, crying a bit.

"Why did it take this long for you to tell us?" Marley asks.

"I didn't know how you'd react. I was told I have it when I started getting into all those fights and continuously got angry all the time at school." Ryley whispers, crying more. She wraps her arms around Ryder and he kisses her head to calm down her crying.

"I don't want to die today." Marley whispers, squeezing herself into Jake's side. Jake puts his arms around her.

"Neither do I." Jake whispers, kissing Marley's cheek.

A gun shot rings out and a scream follows. Marley cries more into Jake's chest and Ryley cries into Ryder's chest.

"I'm so scared." Ryley mumbles into Ryder's chest.

"I'll protect you." Ryder whispers and kisses Ryley's head, rubbing her back with his hand.

"What do we do?" Marley asks, quietly.

"We need to stay quiet and not let the shooter hear us." Jake whispers.

They stay quiet then they hear the door handle shake. Marley whimpers. They hear running and the other door in the rooms door handle shakes. Marley cries more. They hear footsteps running off into the distance.

Marley's crying calms down a tad as it goes silent.

---------------------------------------------------

They stay in silence in the empty room until they hear more footsteps outside. They don't know who it is but Marley and Ryley cry. Ryder and Jake hide their fear though behind their 'manliness'.

"Anybody in here?" A voice calls out, knocking on the door.

They stay silent since they all think it's the shooter.

"It's the police. Please open up and trust us." The voice calls out again, knocking on the door.

Ryder gets up, believing this police officer. He unlocks the door and a police officer stands there.

"What's your name and is anyone else in there?" The police officer asks.

"I'm Ryder Lynn. My girlfriend, Ryley Bridges and two of my best friends, Jake Puckerman and Marley Rose are also in here." Ryder says to the police officer. Ryley gets up off the floor and walks to Ryder's side.

"Have they caught the shooter?" Ryley asks.

"Yes. It was a Sophomore who had taken some drugs and found someone's guy so he decided to try it out a couple of times. It's safe to exit the school now." The police officer explains.

Jake gets up and helps Marley up. The two of them walk up to Ryley and Ryder.

"Have a good night." The police officer says.

The four friends walk past the police officer and exit the school. It is night time.

That will be one experience they'll never get over.

---------------------------------------------

Ryder lays in bed, alone and thinking about the day that's just happened. He's lying with no shirt on and wearing his pyjama pants; the way he normally sleeps. Ryley exits the bathroom wearing Ryder's striped jersey she loves to wear and short pyjama shorts. She gets into bed next to Ryder.

"So you're really bipolar?" Ryder asks, turning his head to look at her.

"Yup. It's not really bad though. I'm still trying to keep it under control. Like the other day when Jake kept 'K'ing me. I was genuinely pissed at him so that's why I did tackle him to the floor. I could of hurt him more but I was keeping it under control." Ryley says.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier on?" Ryder asks.

"I didn't know how'd you all react." Ryley says.

"It's just one of those things you should probably tell someone when you get into a relationship. Relationships are built on trust and you should of trusted me with the fact you're bipolar." Ryder says.

"I'm sorry!" Ryley shouts, her voice getting angry. She nose dives into the pillow.

The door to their room opens slowly and Marley sticks her head in, "I heard shouting. Are you two okay?"

"The bipolar was kicking in." Ryley says, lifting her face off the pillow to say it then nose diving back into the pillow.

Marley nods then leaves, closing the door slowly behind her.

Ryder sits up and puts his hand on Ryley's back, "I'm sorry for making you angry. It's just you should of told me earlier in our relationship to give me a heads up."

"You already knew I had anger issues." Ryley says.

"I know and I love you and all your flaws since they are what makes you, you." Ryder says. Ryley lifts her face off the pillow and kisses Ryder then falls onto the bed on her back. She gets under the covers and has her back to Ryder.

Ryder wraps his arms around her, feeling her melt into his embrace.

"I love you." Ryley says.

Ryder kisses her cheek, "I love you too."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Just a short continuation of the cliffhanger from the last chapter.

Vote!

Comment!