Chapter 28 ~ LA

I'd like to apologise in advance for the fact it's kind of rushed in parts.
Enjoy!
-------------------------------------

There's a knock at the Bridges-Lynn-Rose-Puckerman apartment door and Ryley is the first to get to the door.
"Evening Mr Anderson and Mr Hummel. What do I owe the pleasure to have you two gentleman at my door tonight?" Ryley asks.
"I just got off the phone with Sam. Apparently, the National Show Choir Competition is being held in LA this year. Kurt and I are planning to head out to LA for it. Same with Finn and Rachel but not Brittany and Santana. Any of you guys keen?" Blaine asks.
"I'd love to head to LA. I'll get to see my dad, his wife and my little half brother. Ryder, Marley and Jake, what about you guys?" Ryley asks.
"I'm in!" Marley shouts, lifting her arm in the air.
"Same here." Jake says.
"Also me." Ryder says.
"Awesome." Kurt says.
"I'll call back Sam and say who can come. See you guys later." Blaine says. Kurt and Blaine head back to their apartment across the hallway.

--------------------------------------

After a couple of days, the gang head to LA for Nationals. They're meeting up with the New Directions later on in the day but for now, Ryley wants to head out to see her dad.
Kurt, Blaine, Finn, Rachel, Jake and Marley went off to the hotel with all their stuff plus Ryley and Ryder's while Ryley and Ryder went to Kieran Bridges' place.
Ryley walks up to the door with her fingers intertwined with Ryder's. She looks at him before knocking on the door. He nods at her with a supportive smile. She takes a couple of deep breathes. She then lifts her fist and knocks on the door.
The door to the house opens and Kieran Bridges stands there. Like the last time they meet, he has sandy blonde hair with blue eyes and a light stubble. His face breaks out into a smile when he sees his daughter.
"Hey." Ryley says. Kieran opens his arms for a hug and Ryley accepts the hug.
"It's so good to see you, Ryley. Why are you in town?" Kieran asks as they part from their hug.
"Well our old Glee Club is performing at Nationals in a couple of days so we're in town for that. I also wanted to meet little Blake." Ryley says with a smile.
"Come in. Claire is out with some of her friends at the moment so it's just Blake and I." Kieran says. Ryley and Ryder enter, still holding hands. Kieran directs them to Blake's nursery.
"How old is he?" Ryley asks, walking with Ryder up to the cot that has a little baby boy awake and giggling.
"Only a couple of months but he's quite big." Kieran says.
Ryley goes and picks up Blake. He has sandy blonde hair and green eyes. He's so adorable. Ryley's phone then begins to ring.
"I've got to take this. Ryd, do you want to hold Blake?" Ryley asks.
"I'd love to." Ryder says, taking Blake out of Ryley's arms.
Ryley walks out to answer her phone. It's Blaine and they just quickly talk about some of the things they have to do to help the New Directions out. She hangs up then returns to the nursery. She sees how well Ryder is doing with Blake. She smiles and imagines them having kids. Not right now. They've already had one pregnancy scare.
"Do you want Blake back?" Ryder asks, seeing Ryley at the door.
"Um, I think he needs to take his nap right now." Kieran says, walking into the nursery. He takes Blake out of Ryder's arms and puts the baby into the cot.
Ryley and Ryder walk out into the living room and Kieran follows them out.
"So how's New York been?" Kieran asks, sitting down in the living room with them.
"I've been doing some musicals while juggling it with school. And the other week, Ryder proposed to me but we're waiting for a while till we get married." Ryley says.
"You're not pregnant right?" Kieran asks.
Ryley and Ryder exchange a look, "No. I'm not. We're getting married for love. We're not going to live you and mom's mistake."
Kieran sighs, "Part of me wishes my whole relationship with Anna worked out for you but it didn't. She changed me and I had big dreams for my future."
"What were your dreams?" Ryley asks.
"I wanted to be a rock star. I used to sing a lot but when you have a kid and basically are forced into a marriage to make that woman happy, your dreams just go away." Kieran says.
"You're the one Ryley got her talent from?" Ryder asks.
"Yes. She never really sung when she was living with us." Kieran says.
"That's because I never had the chance." Ryley says.
"Well, I'm glad you joined a Glee club. It really gave you a chance to realise your gift of singing." Kieran says with a warm smile.
"I'm glad she joined too." Ryder says, squeezing Ryley's hand.