Chapter 8

I give up. There was no way to solve this problem. I couldn't move out because I didn't have anywhere to stay. And if I did, I didn't have any money to pay the rent or whatever. Which leaves me with only one option: to live in this house until my 5 years are up. 

  ✿ ✿ ✿  

The next morning my alarm woke up me up. I sat up tiredly and yawned. That's when I noticed that there was a lump next to me. I lifted up the blankets and moved back in surprise when I saw who it was. It was him. Christian. He was sleeping beside me, wearing nothing but sleeping pants. His top was exposed revealing his abs. I stared at him with my jaw wide open. 

He groaned as he slowly came into consciousness. He moved around a bit and then his eyes opened-and he saw me. 

"What are you doing in my bed?!??" he exclaimed in disgust. "Great. I'll need to have these blankets cleaned now since it's been contaminated by you."

"Excuse me?" I scoffed. "Why don't you take a look around before you start opening that rude trap of yours? You're the one in my bed," I pointed out with my arms crossed. 

He took a look around the room and realized his mistake. He was in my room. In my bed. Laying right next to me.

"I must've walked into the wrong room when I woke up to get some water," he mumbled and got off the bed. "My bad," he added insincerely. And with that, he left the room.

"Urghhh, how am I supposed to deal with that?" I groaned in annoyance. 

I took a quick shower and changed into a blouse and black pants. I tied my hair into a simple ponytail and left my room. 

In the kitchen, I cooked some scrambled eggs and got a glass of milk. After finishing it, I grabbed the apartment keys, slipped on my flats, and left. I took the subway this time to work. I got there in 20 minutes. I took the elevator to the 12th floor and walked to my desk. 

I quickly got to work on reading the reports. By the time lunch time rolled around, I was another year of reports was read. I grabbed my wallet and was about to head to the elevator to buy something to eat when someone called me.

I turned around to see none other than Christian himself. 

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"To get some lunch, duh," I said since it was kinda obvious. Everyone else already went out for lunch, except me. It was noon and I was beyond hungry. I learned my lesson from skipping lunch yesterday when it growled like crazy and I felt so weak. I ended up going to the break room and eating a pack of crackers I found.

"You can get it when you finish what I told you to do," he ordered.

"I'll do it when I come back. I need to restock on my energy." 

"Your lunch can wait."

"But-" I argued.

"Even if I can't fire you, I am still your boss and employees are expected to treat their superior with respect," he said.

"Fine." I gave up and went back to my desk. 

  ✿ ✿ ✿  

2 hours later, I went through another year and my eyes felt so dry that I needed to borrow someone's eye drops. Coincidentally, Christian was out for a meeting so I headed downstairs to get my delayed lunch. 

When I came back, there was a blue sticky note on the files. 

Where the hell did you go? Get to my office right now!! 

I crumpled the note and went to his office. Making sure I knocked super loudly so he would hear, I waited for permission to enter. 

"Come in."

I pulled open the door and Christian was sitting at his desk, looking at some files. He didn't bother greeting me or even giving me a glance so I threw the balled up note at his head. I was this close to hitting my target but unfortunately but I have terrible aim so I missed. On the other hand, it did get his attention.

"Were you trying to throw that at me?" he growled, anger already rising. 

"I wanted to return that note back to you," I said matter of factly. 

"Where did you go earlier?" he asked, looking back at the files on his desk.

"I went to get my lunch."

"Does that mean you finished looking through all the business interactions Wright Corporations had from 2005-2015 already? And had the Powerpoint made too?" 

"No, I still have 5 days left."

"Then you shouldn't be getting lunch and wasting your precious time!"

"You can't stop me from getting lunch. Every employee has the right to get lunch, don't they?"

"You better have it done on time. I won't be giving you any extra time even if you go on your knees and beg me."

"Oh please, I'll have it done, don't worry about that." I left his office and went back to reading.