Chapter 37

A/N: Haha sorry, I lied. This story is not over yet. The epilogue will be in the next update! I'll give you a little spoiler since I made you guys wait so long- they're going to tie the knot ;)

Christian's POV

3 years ago...

Even though I was really busy with work, I still went looking for her whenever I received a call of someone who had a similar description with Cali.

But it was just a disappointment every time. I could feel myself slowly begin to lose hope. What if I never find her? I've been asking myself that question every second of every day for the past 3 years.

Soon I stopped looking altogether and focused on working. I invested all the time I had into helping Samsung Group become even better.

In the next 3 years, Wright Corporations popularity increased and our worth in stock price did too.  We also had some famous actors/singers advertise our products. We had Lee Min Ho advertise the Samsung Note 5 while a popular Korean band by the name of INFINITE advertised for Samsung Galaxy Music by singing "Request". That was just a few examples- we also had Yoo Seung Ho, EXO, BTS, GOT7, VIXX, Girl's Generation, Jackie Chan, the Running Man cast... etc. (A/N: From what I know of, most of these are not real advertising info. I made them up for my own entertainment purposes hehe)

Present day- at the elevators...

I was on an overseas call with a very important client, discussing details for a contract. I turned around from the elevator and became face to face with a woman.

For some reason, she looked so familiar... The more I looked.. she looked awfully like .... It couldn't be, could it? Was I imagining things? Was this woman standing in front of me who I thought she was?

"Long time no see, Christian," the woman said with a smile. Her eyes were shiny with tears.

I told the man on the other side of the phone that I'll call him back later and stared at the woman. "C-cali?" I couldn't believe this. I've been searching all around the world for her and here she was, standing right in front me.

I was speechless. Shocked. Then I was was happy, overjoyed. She was here. She was finally here.

There were so many things I wanted to tell her. Like how much I missed her. But I just stood there, looking into her eyes. A smile broke onto my face. It was the first time in years since I smiled sincerely.

Cali looked different. She had short hair and it was curled. She had a little bit of makeup on, something she didn't do before. She once told me that she hated people who had tons of makeup caked on their face. She said they looked so fake.

I didn't hold onto myself for any longer. I stepped toward her and pulled her into a tight hug. "Do you know how much I missed you?" I murmured.

She didn't answer and snuggled into my shoulder. It felt so nice to have her in my arms again.

We stayed there for a couple more minutes before we separated. I opened my mouth to speak when my phone started to ring.

Brurrringgg! Brurrringgg!! Brrurrring! I looked on my screen and saw that the caller was my mother.

"What do you want?" My relationship with both of my parents have never been good and after Cali's disappearance, it became worse. I ignored their calls and rarely spoke with them unless it was necessary.