Epilogue

Epilogue

The stars shone brightly above Astron. It was midnight in Astron, and the clear sky acted as a beautiful roof for celebration.

Joshua was standing in front of a large crowd. They had all come to see Eric and him having their official introduction into their rightful positions. As he stared over the many different faces that looked up at him with hope and adoration, he could feel the sense of pride fill inside him. If only Vega could have seen this, he thought.

Garnet stood in the front with the rest of the remaining Elders. There had been uproar between them when they discovered that they would now have to serve under Eric and Joshua, but Garnet had handled it all with grace. Once the first complaints had been taken care off, the rest was a breeze. At least when it came to the Elders.

The citizens of Astronia had trouble mixing in with the others. The language barrier was far too expansive, so Eric and Joshua had to travel among them and help where they could offer a hand. They would have to leave shortly after this ceremony.

Joshua felt a light tug on his sleeve. He looked down to find Amelia mouthing 'Good luck'. She had become a large part of their daily lives by now, and Eric almost never went anywhere without her. His earlier resistance against the little girl had faded into nothing.

"Joshua Mallock," Garnet called his name. With a deep inhale,  he stepped up to the Elder and kneeled down.

"Do you wish to serve this country from this day and all days to come?"

"Yes," he answered.

The necklace he had grown used to on his journey was placed around his neck, The scarlet color shimmering brightly against his white clothes.

"Rise, Joshua Mallock, Guardian of Astron."

As he rose and turned towards the audience, he thought he saw a glimpse of a girl with fiery red hair among the masses. His heartbeat increased, and he had to close his eyes to remind himself that it just could not be true. He bowed before the citizens and then shot a glance towards the constellation of Lyra. He smiled as the brightest star twinkled down to him. Yeah, I will see you again, Vega, he thought before he left the stage.