Chapter Four

"So, miss Hamora, you said you came from Farian. Is that correct?" Nyx inquired with a small turn of his lips. I scrunched my eyebrows together, trying to figure out what he was aiming to know exactly.

     "Quite." I said bluntly, my head hurting from such concentration. "What about you," I asked, merely making small talk. Glancing around the kitchen area, I noticed the fresh fruit basket on the table. Perhaps they have an orchard or garden somewhere close?

      "Hmm," Was all Nyx said in response. Well, I suppose I wasn't going to get much out of him anyway. "Would you perhaps like some white rice? We would encourage you to try some, it's quite delicious." He spoke with authority, he was a bit like the figurehead of the Aube Hunters, however I've never seen him in action.

      "I suppose so." I answered honestly. Just as I was rounding the corner, hands roughly snatched my shoulders, pinning me against the wall. "Oh, is this how you treat your guests?" I whispered with a hoarse voice, my belly flipping with excitement.

      Nyx narrowed his eyes, focusing on my own. "We don't usually accept guests, so please miss Hamora. Explain to me why you are here, the truth this time. Not some bloody lie about a gazette!" His voice was flooded with rage.

      Closing my eyes and slowly releasing my breath, I stayed calm and mostly collected. "I am with the news from Farian, so I suggest you release me this instant or this will go public, sir." I added with sarcasm dripping from my voice. He was more observant than I cared for or gave him in the beginning.

   He released me, but his eyes held the same accusing tone that had before. "Do you still not believe me? It is not my fault you reject the truth." My voice rose, fake anger boiling in my chest.

   "How could I believe somone who see their own kin but doesn't recognize them?" My breathe caught, my heart beat increased. How?

   "What do you mean?" I asked, keeping my tone cool. Stay calm, don't let on. It was also Ange who didn't know me.

   "You don't fool me, Angel and you look too similar. She wouldn't recognize you due to the fact she's seen too much in this world, and most likely know that she has a family out there.

    I threw a low punch. "You don't know anything, you idiot!" I wiped at the corner of my eyes, "Little Ange is dead, she is dead! An bloody stranger can't tell me otherwise, nimrod." I spit with venom.

    The stunned Nyx's eyes softened just a tad, realizing he had hit a soft spot. "Angelique is most likely in her room, miss Hamora. If you wish-" I stopped his words with a simple raised hand. I can't take it, he's forcing me to face what I've avoided since I got here; Ange is here with me, she isn't dead.

   "No, please do not inform her of me." With my heart caught in my throat, I asked the most important question of all. "With knowing this, may I still be permitted a few days here?"

* * *

    "Thank you, I shall never forget this, Nyx." I whispered softly into the void of secrets. Currently, I was being led to my temporary chamber. I glanced up from the floor, coming face to face with a paranoid Rayne.

   "What did you just say beneath your breathe?" His eyes glowered with annoyance. I narrowed my eyes, jutting my chin out. If he wanted to pick a fight with me, we'll see who'll win. "Whatever you say, idiot." He sighed, trudging forward.

    The hallway was beautiful, but my company was something else entirely. He was rude and persistent when it came to agitating me specifically. Or maybe not. Perhaps he was a frog of company to everyone else?

Angelique's Forgotten Kin (Neo Angelique Abyss Fan-Fiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara