Chapter Seven

"Wake up little Oni," a husky voice whispered against the soft of my neck. "You've been out for a few days time."

My eyelids gently opened and my breath hitched at how close Nyx's soft lips were to my own rough set. "Nyx," I muttered, voice hoarse from my long slumber.

Sitting up, I toyed with my long fingers, refusing to meet his gorgeous hues. "Take some," Nyx says as he picks a vase up from the end table and holds it to me lips, slowly tipping it so the cool, crisp water slides down my raw throat.

"Where is Ange?" I mumble between my gulping like a fish.

"With her friends from school." He eyes me warily, as though battling whether or not to elaborate more. "So when are you going to tell her?"

I offer a sick, cold laugh. "Never." It'd be pointless, she wouldn't believe me and everything we do will be awkward.

"Oh?" He quirks a dark eyebrow at me, "Why is that, little one?"

I glower at the new nickname, "WE've been apart for so long, Nyx." I roll my eyes, pushing the container away from me. "You don't understand."

His eyes close as he places the vase back on the end table. "Perhaps I do, perhaps I don't."

When he reopens his eyelids, they're darker, more gloomy and a pain of guilt hits me full on. "I'm sorry, Nyx." He raises a hand to me, as though shushing me.

"Don't be, Oni." Without another word, Nyx retreats from the room and I fade into another long, drawn out slumber.