Chapter#35

Mahnoor's POV:

"How did you get the key?" I inquired him as he opens the door.

"Think before asking what you are asking and to whom." He said while I go in first but stopped as my house interior came in view. I imagined it being all dusty but surprisingly, it wasn't.

"Someone is using this house?" I asked him.

"No... I wanted this place to be tidy in case you ever wish to come here." He leaned against the door frame.

"You're not coming in."

"No. Now go and grab your book."

I slowly made my way to my room, everything was the same as before. Tidy and on its place like it should be. Nothing has changed except for our lives and it was all because of me. My family has suffered because of me. They shouldn't be living under Moosa's watch. They belonged here, in their home.

I took a deep breath and start searching for my recipe book. I wanted to distract myself, didn't want the sadness to take over me. I already had enough of this, escaping from Moosa was no longer an option. To be honest, it wasn't from the start, I didn't know why I was being obstinate. It gave nothing but more pain and in the end, it involved my family once again. Which I never wanted to happen, I wish for them to have a normal life - With or without me. If it weren't for them, I think I would have never married Moosa, even if it'd kill me.

Got it!

Picking up the book, I was about to get up when my eyes landed on my phone.

"Hurry up, Noor! It's getting late." I heard Moosa's voice from the entrance.

Quickly, I took out the memory card from the phone and saved it in the case of my new phone that Moosa had given me.

"Found the book?" Moosa asked as he saw me coming his way.

I nodded and waved the book in the air. Nodding his head, he motioned me to come outside. Before leaving, I gave a final look at my home and step out. Moosa locked the door and we both get into the car.

I was ready for a long drive to his house but our vehicle stopped sooner than it should have. I glanced at Moosa who slid out the car, asking me to follow him. I obeyed silently and the view that came to my sight was horrifying. I was standing at the main gate of the haunted house which was opposite to my house. It was past three at night and I cannot see a single soul near or far from me except for Moosa. I gulped loudly as the rustling sound of leaves made the atmosphere even scarier.

I looked at Moosa who was going inside. Briskly walking to him, I match his pace. He turned on the lights and the whole scenery changed from scary to a comfortable one. The house was bigger than mine and the interior is of modern style. One could never tell that it's the same haunted house.

"You like it?" I heard Moosa's voice and nodded in agreement, too busy looking around.

"Good. I'll show you the rest of the house tomorrow morning. But for now, let's rest." He said walking to a room.

I followed him as I am also feeling tired and sleepy. I silently admire the room while he took his clothes from the wardrobe and went to the bathroom. This room only has a wall to wall wardrobe, a couch, a huge mirror, a king-sized bed and also, a piano. It made me remembered the pianist that played near our house. I always admired his music and wanted to meet him, but never would I've thought that I'd be standing in his room one day, as his wife.

"You're still standing?" My thoughts were interrupted by Moosa who was wearing his boxers with a white tank top.

"I was looking at the piano." I answered.

"What about it?"

"The person that played the piano every night was really you?"

"Yes!" He said while opening the window of the room.

"Why here? You have a piano in the main house too."

"Noor, what do you want to hear?" He said, looking outside.

What I want to hear...?

"Nothing." I didn't know what to answer.

"Come here for a minute." I slowly walked over to the window near him.

"Look!" He pointed towards the house in front.

My house!

"I played here because I wanted to reach you. For you to know that I exist, someone who is waiting for you, who seeks for your affection... Someone who loves you and will always love you as you are." He said, looking outside with a distant look in his eyes. While I struggle to calm my rapid heartbeats.

"I am not good with words. So, let me say it straight to the point. Don't hide things from me. Ever. You are the only family I have. Others are just my friends, comrades and colleagues. But you are different from them. A lot special than them. So, if there's any problem, don't hide it. Especially if it's any bad dish you make." He smiled.

"Noor, I lost my family when I was fifteen. Since then, I ate outside food. Even after having a cook, it didn't feel like home cooking. So, whenever you make something, don't hide and let me eat it. Even if it doesn't taste good, I would love to eat whatever you make." He really said it straight forward in a simple, honest tone. There was no flattery at all.

I didn't respond, just stared at him in awe. His glistering eyes from the moonlight was looking straight into mine. His dishevelled silky hair was covering his forehead, which he has been combing with his fingers now and then.

They look so soft...

Suddenly, I found myself reaching out and before I realize what I was doing, he gently grabbed my hand.

"What's wrong?"

"Huh?"

"So lost in thoughts. What happened?" I was pulled to him with a light tug. His eyes were still boring into mine.

"Your hair..." 

"What about it?"

Reach...

"Huh?" 

"What about my hair?"

"They look so soft." I blurted out and bit my tongue.  

"You are allowed to touch them." He hushed, bringing his face dangerously close.

Reach...

"N-no!"

I tried to step away but he quickly scooped me up in his arms, making me gasp loudly. Carefully, he puts me down onto the bed and lay beside me. His hand slid on my waist, pulling me to him, as his head rested on my chest, and snuggle into my neck. I feel ticklish when his stubble came in contact with my skin.

I can also feel his soft hair touching my face, spreading sweet giddy sensation in me. As much as I wanted to push him away, a part of me also wanted to cling to him.

My eyes were already feeling heavy from tiredness and I didn't find any strength to fight this inner battle anymore, so I submitted and allow my fingers to make their way to his hair and enjoy this unknown sensation.

______________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

* Ya Allah! More than 53K readers and rated 58# on Romance category ..... I love soo much guys. Thank you. It really really means a lot :')

*An early update on request for readers.

* Also updated "My Four Eyed Husband". Enjoy ^^

*So, back to story now!
Hm.....! I don't have anything to say today. So exhausted to think anything.
But really wanted to update this chapter before going to bed and share this sweet happy moment with you guys :)

Remember to vote and comment!

Take Care :)