一 : Gender Confusion

When she first opened her eyes, all she noticed was the blinding sunlight above her, a slight discomfort in her chest, and then voices. Blinking rapidly a few times to clear her vision, she saw several people standing around her, above her, and immediately scrambled up in alarm from her vulnerable position. From what she could make out from their lean silhouettes against the sun, they were all boys.

"...believe it? This shank slept all the way up the box!"

"Seriously? Which keeper is he gonna get?"

"A slopper or a track-hoe y'know? Aren't they always slacking off like that?"

Whoever that was talking, laughed.

Daunted by the strangeness of the whole situation she opened her mouth to ask a question, but as she did so the mild discomfort in her chest pushed its way up her throat. Her whole body instinctively clenched up as she violently coughed up water and sucked in a deep breath of air after. Her eyes naturally shifted to her surroundings after, and she registered that she was in some kind of metal box with wooden crates around her.

The boys around her laughed again and she felt a twinge of annoyance.

"C'mon Greenie, don't have time for you to be sleeping around all day," someone said as he squatted down and offered a hand.

She cautiously eyed him for a moment. As much as she didn't know these people, his voice sounded kind, that and there was no other way out of this box really. So she took it and he pulled her out easily into some sort of large grassland, but what made her stare in awe were the huge grey walls that towered over the field, forming a square around them. There were large breaks in the middle of the four walls, opening up into passageways that led god knows where really.

Glancing over to the one that had pulled her up, she looked him over in the light. He was young, had dirty blond hair and brown eyes, kinda looked like an elf or something. Then she glanced over to the large group of boys. They were all fairly young as well, prepubescent, perhaps around fourteen to fifteen years old age if she were to gauge from appearances.

"W-who are you?" she asked, her voice cracking towards the end. She was surprised at how much her voice shook in comparison to how calm she was. "Where am I?"

All the noise suddenly stopped and she noticed all their varied expressions changing to surprise. The boys all shot confused glances at one another, including the one with the kind voice. He eventually turned back to her, his expression uncertain.

"You... are a boy right?" he finally asked.

Boy?

She gave him a confused look.

"I'm a girl," she stated, sounding insulted.