55% Showakusei

Chapter 12

55% Showakusei

"So you're going to stick a hollow needle through my tongue, remove a small amount of it and put that sharp thing through it?" Jett asked staring at the tongue piercing. It had a locator beacon in it so that when he works along side the military he doesn't get shot and if he gets shot down he's findable.

"Yes, pretty much," the tattoo artist said getting impatient, "It hurts and you might pass out for a moment.

"Okay and when my people are free and I don't have to work for the military anymore I can take it out and the hole in my tongue will heal?" He asked.

"I don't know, it depends entirely on your people's regeneration abilities."

"Hmm, okay, I'll try it. But if I end up dead because I start getting interference in my systems I want a refund." He finally laid down in the chair and let the guy place the needle device in his mouth.

"Okay, this is going to hurt." The tattooist warned.

Jett blinked in confirmation. There was a snap as the needle went through Jett's tongue. I flinched but he didn't.

Jett sat up and poked his tongue with the metal foreign object on it, "That didn't hurt that much compared to getting your arm torn off and your legs shattered. Twice." He added. "Bloody though."

"Okay so your a hard core Assassin program and your complaining there's blood in your mouth?" I laughed running up to him.

"It's not like I enjoy being an assassin." He complained.

I felt really bold in that one moment and kissed him right there on the spot. Jett went stiff as a board and Fennella who was about ten feet away gasped. Admittedly a few drops of his blood got into my mouth because his tongue was still bleeding. The boldness disappeared and I jumped back blushing furiously. "Sorry!" I squeaked certain he hated me now.

He just stood there stalk still and not moving. His pale cheeks then turned pink as what happened sunk in. I've known even from his days as Kiiro he didn't know what affection was or how it was expressed. We actually had to explain everything to him and I mean everything! Then he still didn't get it but I learned something new that day. Kissing to him still doesn't make sense and on his planet is a form of resuscitation for when someone stops breathing.

"I don't get it, what just happened?" Finna asked. I forgot she's from the same planet.

"Nothing!" I yelled.

Fennella smiled, "It's a complicated gesture you wouldn't understand. Maybe with Lynx you would get it eventually." She hinted.

"You're twisted aren't you?" I asked. She just smiled in response.

"I'm confused too," Jett spoke up.

"That's because these kind of emotions are lost on you and you're a bone head." Fennella said smugly being the only one in our little group who got it. Well, Jett knows what kissing represents but he doesn't understand emotions like love and liking. He probably never will unless he senses it from another human.

"No PDA in my shop. All you kids get lost!" The irritated tattooist yelled.

"I'm old enough to be your grandmother young man!" Finna yelled as we dragged her out. "Geez, it's frustrating looking like a stupid sixteen year old."

"You kind of look like a guy too." Fennella added.

"Gender where we come from isn't defined. Male or female, your treated exactly alike." Finna retorted.