ignorance

Daniel's POV

As we walk deeper into the woods, I try to get Allison's attention. Since we retreated from our fiasco ago, she'd avoid any contact with me and try to be busy talking to her brother. It's frustrating, really. But I deserve it.

"Allison." I groaned. She keeps on chattering with her brother sneaking glances towards me. It was like that till we reach the pack house. She looked at me one second in the eye-- with her orbs glowing with ambivalent feelings-- then barged in the house. Aaron caught up with her running upstairs then I heard a slam of a door. Ouch.

Ever since she ran away from me, I started regretting on giving my virginity to a slut named Faren. She's a blonde, she has sultry eyes, she has a curvaceous body but she can't keep her legs close. And even though she has a sexy and pretty face, she can't match or beat my Allison. Being beautiful isn't always about the attractive, physical features.

I sat down the couch and sighed. Thoughts clouded my head, shrouding in every corner. It was all about Allison. Allison, Allison, Allison. Even though I try to get her out of my head, it can't. I fucking can't forget her. It's because of the mate pull. But it isn't just because of that, I.. I love her. I know it's just a few days we met but-- I believe in love at first sight. Yeah, cliché I know. And I can't forget her, well because obviously, she's living in the same roof as me.

"Babe Danny..." Some familiar voice purred and small hands caressed my arm. I snap my head up and saw a vicious blonde who is the reason of me and my mate's argument, who is a slut with a given name of Faren. But even though I insult her in any way, she will still keep crawling her way to the top.

I jerked my arm from her and shot daggers. She had those eyes of an anaconda; a liar. I could image her blonde tresses turn into snakes of a malicious creature, Medusa. She likes meddling with innocent people's affairs.

"What's wrong baby?" She asked, rattled. I ignored her & rather went upstairs to fix the mess Faren (and I, if I'm honest) made.

The door was closed, but enabling me to hear a conversation. Any human would hear muffled sounds, but with my ability heightened, it's hard not to.

"I just wanted a normal life. With my mate and pups... Why do I have to deal with this fixed marriage shit??" A female with a soothing voice softly exclaimed. This must be Allison. I thought. Fixed marriage?!

It'll be rude to just storm in the room in a snap, so I calmed myself and proceeded to listen.

"Dad set you up?!" A ragged male voice that belongs to her brother... Aaron, boomed. I heard soft crying, then a thud. The chair was probably wrestled to the ground since it's the only light-weighted object that sounds like that.

"Look, I don't know if I could keep up with this more. I'm sorry." Heavy footsteps became clearer then Aaron's face with an angry expression showed up, and could tell a story. It turned confused.

He growled at me, shifted and sprinted down the stairs starting from the paws up to his wolf's hind legs. I just manage to sigh.

I turned to Allison, her face is red as well as her nose & ears and her puffy eyes are shedding tears. She looked at me with her glowing blue eyes, with the whites red from crying. Her quiet sobs made my heart clench. She is really trying hard not to look weak, but at the moment, I just wanted her in my arms. I ran to her and took her in an embrace, feeling her snuggle closer to me. I felt my collar get wet, but I don't give a damn even if my shirt get drench in her tears. If I'm going to comfort her, I'm gonna need to do it right.

"Hey, you can tell me everything. If you want to, we'll just wait till you get freshened up okay?" I said gently, if possible. She just nodded and inhale-exhaled. I wanted to stay like this forever, her near me without a single strand of hair made of hatred out-of-place.

We eventually retreated and I leave her to clean up. I went to my office and finished Alpha business.

Allison's POV

The hug was heart-warming, but something was not right. Like something intruding in our relationship making me feel doubtful. My fear of losing him tug my heart down again.

I took a shower and changed into loose and comfortable clothes. I sat down the bed for a while, thinking about what I'm gonna do about the problem my 'beloved' father made for me. My sister didn't even do anything about it!

Was I really going to tell Daniel everything? Since he is my mate, he has the right. But I think today is not the right time.

Is it?

----

Short. Ughh. I feel so bad right now. I'm really sorry for months waiting. I hate myself for real I'm so irresponsible. :(

But I love you guys! <3

VOTE

COMMENT

& FAN!!

Sorry again.