Chapter 1

This is my first book. My 15-year-old self-wanted to write my ideas and thoughts out. I hope you like it, please be constructive and give me some feedback. I have always wanted to write my own stories, so I'm really excited about writing this book. I really hope you like it. It starts of slow, but it does get better, the real drama happens in the middle of the story. So please bear with me.
Feel free to follow me on instagram: Hycentina_e or Patreon: Link on bio

----------

It's unbelievable to think that I had manifested this very day into existence. This precise moment as I know it was the making or breaking of my career.

Getting a call this morning for an interview at Morgan limited was something that was pulled out of my day dreams as I simply couldn't comprehend how I could be considered for an interview when there are numerous other candidates hoping to get the same call and possibly position.

Me, Ava Hilson got a call from Morgan Ltd to come in for a job interview, the interview I thought I could never get but hoped for.

Excitement and anticipation were an understatement. Words could not describe how I felt within.

Knowing I still had time on my hands as I was woken early by the phone call. I decided it was best to start my day, as the saying goes 'early bird catches the worm' and I for sure wanted to catch this opportunity with both hands, maybe even with my two feet to truly secure the bag.

Perhaps I should recite what I will say in the interview. This is a once in a life-time opportunity not being prepared will be detrimental to me having a greater chance of succeeding.

Failure can not be accepted at all, not even in the slightest.

I have been waiting impatiently for a week, lo and behold the human resource manager, called and told me I had an interview this morning.

I can't believe someone as unimportant as myself had an interview with the billionaire tycoon Mr. Morgan. Me of all people could possibly be working with a well-established business known to millions of people.

Not wasting any more time, I proceeded to complete my essential morning routine, in record time I had gotten ready for my interview.

I ensured I dressed in a way that looked responsible for my possible role as Mr. Morgan's personal assistant. I did not want to give him the idea that I wasn't serious about this role from first impressions.

When I appeared outside, I was immediately welcomed by the heat I got from the sun beaming down on me, the sun was out which made my surrounding appear more brighter and, lively. I walked straight to the bus stop a little happier than usual.

Buses and taxis were my primary mode of transport as I didn't have a car and couldn't drive.

I failed my driving test twice that's how bad of I driver I was. I remember the first time I went for my driving test I nearly caused an accident. It is hilarious to look back on now but at the time it was not funny in the slightest especially the amount I had to pay for the emotional stress I had caused my driving instructor.

The second time however I thought I had gotten a little better but obviously I wasn't good enough because I didn't pass but besides it's not that big of a deal as I have other forms of transport to make use of.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the sound of the bus stopping in front of me. I walked in paying the fair for my journey and took a seat in front of the bus. The journey consisted of fifteen minutes to arrive into the city.

When the bus came to a temporary stop I got out and walked straight to the first café I noticed. I walked in and was welcomed with the familiar smell of coffee and baked goods.