Chapter 10

Aiden Morgan's Pov

I sat on my desk analyzing the documents in front of me when I heard a quiet knock on the door.

"Come in " I barked impatiently.

I heard the door slowly opening indicating that the person walked in.

"Sir.... Mr. Cater wanted me to inform you that he would be a little late for the meeting this afternoon"

I looked up to see my new assistant, Ava.

She stood in front of the door, a couple of steps away from me.

Her hands were intertwined in front of her.

She wore a black dress that stopped below her knee it was matched with a pair of plain black two-inch heels.

Her hair was tied up in a neat high ponytail, like always.

She looked around the large room trying to avoid looking in my direction.

It was obvious that this was rather unnerving for her.

"Mmm sir I also wanted to thank you for the flowers... and also for the money you really did not have to do that" she added looking slightly uncomfortable.

"It's no problem, I am sorry for your loss" I said.

"Thank you so much it was a big help and I promise I will pay you back" she rambled on looking down at her feet trying to avoid my eyes.

"No there's no need, you don't have to pay me back at all, I was only trying to help you and your family in this difficult time"

"I'm very grateful sir" she replied looking up slowly from her feet only to catch my gaze.

I took the time to study her face which were not as bright as it was a week ago.

Her once bright green eyes was now dull and dimmed.

Almost lifeless.

By looking at her I could see that this past week was though in her.

That's why I took it upon myself to help her out a little when I heard the news about her now late mother.

"Ms. Hilson, I think it would be best for you to take a little time off from work to get yourself together, you really do not need to start working this soon"

"Sir I can assure you that I'm okay and that I'm stabled enough for work" she stubbornly replied declining the offer to have a couple of days of work.

"Very well then, you can go back to work"

"Thank you sir" she said giving me a small smile before turning around and opening the door a little bit to let herself out.

I looked towards the see-through glass that was on the right side of my office to see Ms. Bailey walking into her office.

She looked towards my direction only to see me staring back at her.

Her face turned red as she quickly looked away focusing her attention on something else.

Coming to the conclusion that I might have looked like a creep staring at her through the see-through glass I slowly averted my eyes to the work on my desk.

Suddenly I felt a little Buzz on the right pocket of my trousers.

I immediately took my phone out to see who was calling me on my personal phone.

I looked at the screen only to see it was my mother.

I immediately answered it knowing there was no other way out.