Chapter 25

Ava's pov

Aiden called me earlier in the morning informing me that he will be late to pick me up.

Last night we decided that he will be picking me up at three in the afternoon but since he had an unexpected meeting, he is not entirely sure when he will be able to make it to my place.

I decided I would take the bus and be there on the time we agreed. Since I haven't been in a skating rank for the past couple of years, I thought it would be a great idea to stake on my own for a while before Aiden would arrive.

Taking my handbag and keys I left my apartment. Once the door was locked, I walked down the hallway of my apartment block.

'Hello, Mary' I greet the old woman who lived across from me. It has been a while since I had last seen her.

I was starting to get worried but had too much work going on to dwell on the sudden disappearance.

'Hello Ava, how have you been my dear' she greeted as we came closer towards each other. I noticed she had a plastic bag with her that was filled with things I am assuming she bought from the shop.

'Let me help you with that'

'Thank you, you are ever so kind' she praised as she gave me the bag.

I turned around and we slowly walked towards the direction I came from.

'I haven't seen you much lately. I hope everything is well?' I asked with concern in my voice.

'Everything is perfectly alright dear. I have been spending more time with my son and my grandchildren' she reassured while looking up at me.

'That is wonderful. How are they?'

'They are doing well; Joanna is about to give birth to their third child. They need extra assistance with the children'

Joanna was the mother of Mary's grandchildren. She was a lovely woman who cared deeply for her family.

When she is in town visiting Mary, she would always find time to come see me. I must remember I buy a gift for her to congratulate her on her new addition to the family once the baby arrives.

'That's wonderful news, please extend my greeting to her'

'I will, I don't want to keep you. I know you have places to go'

'It was a pleasure seeing you, dear. We must organize dinner at some time when things aren't as hectic' she suggested

'That would be wonderful. see you later. Send my greets to the family' I said as I left her door.

Once I got out of the apartment building the cold air greeted me. The weather wasn't as hot as the previous days. It was warm, no sun in sight because it was covered by clouds. It would have been the prefect for driving lessons with Damien.

Damien and I were unable to have the driving lesson today. He too had an unexpected meeting, but his meeting was oversees.

As surprising as this may sound, I was looking forward to having the lesson. Overcoming my fear of turning last week had changed my view of driving tremendously. I do not look at it as an obstacle that is impossible to overcome as much as I did previously.

I no longer see it as daunting as I once thought it was. There is still an element of fear, but it has been overcome significantly.

After walking for a short period. I had finally reached the bus stop. According to the digital timetable the bus will me here in two minutes.

Since it was Sunday there wasn't much traffic nor people. The place was quite with just a few people wondering around.

The bus arrived shortly after, I got on greeting the driver in the process. I used my bus card which I had topped-up earlier to pay for my ride.