Chapter 20

Ava's Pov

'I'm on my way over to yours' a text from Damien. He was on his way to pick me for games night in the office. I was put in charge of organizing everything for the night. Mr. Morgan, Damien and Susan also volunteered to help.

'I'm here' Damien texts again after a while. I looked out my window to see his car in my apartment parking space.

Closing the blinds and grabbing my bag on my way out. All the things we bought were already in the office kitchen all we needed to do was get it all ready and set out. I walked out of my apartment complex, making sure to close the building door behind me.

I walked over to Damien's car, only to see him already smiling at me. He was about to come out of the car when I indicated for him to remain. I opened the car door and got in.

'You look lovely' was the first words he uttered. I looked down at myself wondering what he thought was lovely about my appearance. I had on some leggings on with a cute crop top as well as a blazer on top.

Knowing I still need to keep it professional since it's still my place of work. I applied light make-up to my face, put my hair in a neat bun.

Nothing to extravagant but simple.

'Thank you' I responded with a smile.

'So are you ready for game night' Damien asked while pulling out of the car park.

'Yes, I'm looking forward to being in the office and not having to do much work' I replied nonchalantly.

'I hope you brought your game on, because you're about to get beaten and bad' he continued in a playful manner.

'Oh honey, if you think you're beating me then you must have lost your damn mind' I shot back with a slight attitude, so he knows I'm not planning on losing.

As a teen I didn't go out, for personal reasons. While others my age were having the time of their life being typical teenagers I was at home.

It wasn't entirely horrible; I wasn't much of a social teen, so I didn't feel as though I was missing much. Majority of my time at home was spent by playing card and board games, with my siblings and sometimes my mother.

It was light-hearted fun; it was what truly allowed us to bond as a family especially through the difficult times.

You could say I became somewhat of an expert at these games, I haven't played much of it lately. The last time I recalled playing was my first year of college, but I will still beat Damien even with my eyes closed.

He laughed at my response saying ' we shall see'
The rest of the ride consisted with us asking random questions about ourselves and getting to know each other better.

Once we arrived, we made our way to the building. Mr. Morgan's car was the only car in the parking lot, which isn't much of a surprise since he's always prompted.

When got to the entrance only to realize it was closed and the building security was activated.

I pulled out my phone to call Mr. Morgan, I had finally found his contact when suddenly another car pulled up into the parking lot.

I took a good look to see it was one of the security guards, who works for Mr. Morgan. He parked immediately and made his way over to where we stood.

'How are you doing, sorry for the late arrival' the hefty middle-aged man spoke slightly out of breath.

'It's no bother at all, we just arrived' Damien replied, while moving out of the to let the security man through.

The entrance to the building was open in no time.