4

Dragging a full blown male is painful, [Y/N] thought. Passing the river of water in the cave was the hardest. She had to swim across while holding Josh upright to the surface, Josh seemly clueless about his surrounds once again started to flap his arms. "Josh! Stop!" [Y/N] remember hissing to her boyfriend as she tried to elevate him more to the surface with her arms.

Now she's drench. Her jeans and tank top wrapped around her figure tightly, her hair wet from the water, she shivered. Her teeth chattering.

Josh was no exception..he too soak from the water. He let out a whine when he notice [Y/N] shivering. He could feel her shaking palm that rested on his side. He could see her struggling to pull him to move, how her other hand trace the walls of the mines. He felt unsure. Where were they going again?

  He just knew that he loves [Y/N]. Every time he heard her name his first thought was a goddess. A goddess who cares about him, who called him everyday after the events last year ago. His goddess. He just knew that no one can't take away his [Y/N] from him, not even death.

•••

   [Y/N] stopped her steps when she notice a totem across from her. Putting Josh down to the floor, she crept to it. It's shape memorizing. She remember seeing the sign at the entrance of Blackwood.

Black meaning death
Red the unspoken danger
Brown loss
Yellow the light of guidance
Butterfly the desire of fortunate

She bent her knees to grab hold of the totem. Wendigos were legends of the mountain. Her [Y/E/C] examine the piece of object, not turning it around yet to see the true color of it. She remember seeing a tribe on the board of the totem. Wendigos are folktales that been passed to generations in tribes.

Parent after parent telling their offspring the story of the monster that roam the forest devouring any moving—breathing thing that they smelled with their hyperactive nose. This caused something to click in [Y/N]'s brain. She will look for an Indian tribe. Looking back to the drench Josh, she let a smile crept in her dry lips. They could help him.

Dropping the totem, ignoring the black color on the other side of the totem. She went back to Josh who whined when he saw [Y/N] in his eyesight. She put her arm around him once again, pulling him up with a grunt.

"Don't worry Joshua." She said in quite tone.

Josh let out a growl attempting to say, Use my nickname, Which is Josh!

"I will do anything to cure you."

With that [Y/N] starts to pull Josh again. Her mind fills with determination. Biting her bottom lip to ignore the crept of hunger lingering in her mind and stomach.

••••
A/N: Yayyy an update!! Hope you guys will like this update. Will the reader find the Cree tribe? Or will she fall into temptation? Until next time!