Chapter Nine

Elder Bennett took one look at the alpha's son and the future beta and frowned slightly. He always knew they were close but closeness like that was a little to intimate for him. He cleared his throat but surely the young men has noticed his arrival. After taking another breath he narrowed his eyes at them. Dewald was taking in the ceiling finding it very interesting while Hunter still had his hand on the formers hip and at the clearing of elder Bennett's throat reluctantly dropped it. He faced the older shifter standing in front of Dewald in what looked like a protective stand in front of Dewald's blushing face.

The beta's son in no immanent danger so it could be sheer possessiveness as the older males intent stare might be perceived as competition. A low growl made Elder Bennett's eyes snap from the Beta's son to Hunter who narrowed his darkened eyes. They held each others stare but the older male relented first not having any interest in challenging the young alpha for something that was his. Well I'll be dammed. He thought but he kept his face unreadable as he nodded at them then proceeded to take a seat.

These two were definitely mates they were practically bathed in each others scent he smirked internally. Elder Bennett deliberately took the chair in the middle so the two lovebirds had to take a seat at either sides of him. They were not the first same sex mates he knew of but he was surprised that a son of Xavier had a male mate. Not that Michael was in any way a lesser man. Was kind of interesting really the moon goddess picking the most straight looking young fellows as mates. "You boys ready to share the good news with the pack?" He asked casually keeping his eyes forward. He could feel Dewald shifting awkwardly while Hunter gave a gruff yes. The awkward silence that followed felt like an eternally but was finally broken when the door opened making the young shifters release a sign of relief at the arrival of the Alpha and Beta glad that the tension was left for another time.

"Hunter, Dewald and Elder Bennett." They greeted making their way into the office. The Alpha stopped to look at his son then Michael's he opened his mouth to say something but decided against it at the last second he sat down in his chair facing everyone present. "As you all know I went on a little trip out of town after our little escaped vampire. He paused leaning back in the large black leather chair. "I had a meeting with an old friend. He revealed to me that the Alfea witches has returned and seeks their revenge on our kind." Xavier let that sink in before he continued.

Hunter seemed unfazed while Dewald and Elder Bennett looked pensive. "I have decided to not to tell the pack yet, I don't want my pack looking over their shoulders and start living in fear. So for now let's keep it in this office. And in the meantime we devise a plan so if the witches decide to attack us first we will be prepared." Alpha Xavier said with a determined look in his eyes.
The same look everyone in the room had as they all answered. "Yes Alpha!" Leaning forward again with his hands pressed out in front of him on his desk. "Any questions?" Xavier asked. "Any information about the vampire that attacked Hunter?" Dewald asked what Hunter was indeed interested in knowing as well. "     Do we have to worry about vampires in our territory now  ?" Dewald asked. "The vampire was likely a ruse but after its attack and capture I've concluded it was probably working with the witches. They usually attack in groups" Michael handed him a folder which he opened then proceeded to hand them each a photocopy. "These markings were found on the trees in our territory. Together with the seemingly unnoticed escape of the vampire it all points to magic." Dewald gave Hunter a sideways glance then looked down at the pictures again. Xavier continued. "Which explains why there were no scents or evidence of any kind." Hunter knew something was going on that night in the woods now he knew why he felt like he was walking in circles. He felt Dewald stare and heard the unspoken question in his mind. So he answered him in their private link.

The meeting ended after new patrols strategy's and keeping to routine as to not raise any suspicion. With Elder and Beta gone Hunter decided he should tell his father he found his mate. He didn't care if his dad excepted them or not but he would be disappointed. And if push came to shove he'd level any threat that would keep them apart. "Dad there is something I wanna tell you." His father closed his laptop giving him his full attention eyebrows slightly furrowed a questionable look on his face.

Don't hate me guys I will add the rest but i had to give u guys something thanks for messaging me sweetlydia my nr fan, still love the rest of you xoxo