Chapter. 17

Bodies, broken furniture and glass littered the floor as the overhead red lights of the security breach blinked ominously around them. The only evidence of the security forces that were no more. They moved quickly toward the next lift only to find the access card not working. "Here." Hunter handed his dad a new one that he plucked from a body on the floor. Pressing the button for the 7th floor the operation board beeped once again for the access card. Soon they were moving up again this time more than ready for another wave of attack by the buildings security forces. Silas had to grin amused at the holes and bloodstains on the shifter males clothes that clearly had no scars. It was in this instases that he admired their supernatural healing that seemingly knitted skin and muscle together in practically no time.

Cassius discarded the black tailored jacket of the suite he wore and proceeded to unbutton the sleeves of the crisp white shirt underneath. He frowns at his reflection in the large glass window in his office overlooking the town. He hated to ruin a good shirt but he finds solace in the knowledge that it will not be stained with his blood. He grinned at the thought of beating the alpha and his son into submission if they failed to produce the answers he sought.

As the lift moved closer to the designated floor Silas experienced a overwhelming sense of unease. Shifters had the strong sense of smell and hearing of assessing a situation whereas witches had their magical intuition and visions as for warning to an impending doom. And judging by the feeling he experienced he should be weary. He glanced at Xavier but decided to keep this revelation to himself. He didn't want their attention to stray to some gut feeling of which could not even be of consequence in the present. He fisted his hands at his side in frustration because unlike werewolf sense that we mostly precise, his visions and intuition were always vague.

Kevin begrudgingly made his way to see the witch that currently resided in Dewald body. He wondered if he should call her mister but decided against it. He swallowed down the laugh that bubbled up in his throat before opening the door in front of him. Putting on his usual smirk he entered finding Elijah alone instead. "You, are late again." The male witch pointed a finger at him his face as serious as ever. "My bad, must've lost track of time." Kevin shrugged casually. He saw how Elijah's knuckles turned white as he clenched both fist as his side. But he pinched his nose instead as he snatched a file of the desk at the window. "Probably fraternizing with the enemy yet again." He faces Kevin with no trace of anger or irritation. "She left this for you, I think you'll find the information in there quite useful. But as for your new found friendship..." He doesn't finish just gives a meaningful nod at the folder then he was out the door leaving Kevin confused. But the insignia on the file immediately caught Kevin's attention as he picked it up with hands trembling slightly. But what has him speechless is the name on the bottom of the cover. Midnight Moon, how is this possible?

Xavier smelled him before he heard his voice. "Xavier Marx, King of the Wolf's." Cassius greeted from the shadows. Hunter mind linked his dad. Who is this guy...? He smells like wolf but different. Xavier stiffened and quickly pushed Hunter behind him. You have too trust me on this one son. Go with your uncle, get out of here! Hunter frowned than glanced over at the man that was watching them with amusement. "Oh Xavier I have no qualms with your son unless you give me the answers I need." Michael ran up to them with a confused frown. "Silas is missing." The three of them missed the satisfied grin on Cassius's face as he rolled his shoulders for the impending beat down.