Chapter 3.

ZARA P.O.V

Two days went in a blink. Everyone was busy in the preparation. My aunts and cousins were also their to help us. I had talked to Affaan twice but after that my dear cousins took my cell away saying 'you are not going to talk to him until you get married' I hate this tradition.

Afreen was also staying with me but she left yesterday saying she need to meet her brother who is coming from Newyork for wedding.

Everyone is busy in the preparation and I am here just sitting alone waiting for makeup artist to arrive.

Its 8 a.m. already and she is still not here. Nikah will take place at 11 a.m. I am excited, nervous and you can name all the other nerve wrecking feelings.

Getting married is not an easy job. A knock on my door pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Come in." I yelled too tierd to welcome the person in. A women in her mid 30's came in with smile plastered on her face followed by two girls of my age.

"Assalamu alaikum." I greeted them smiling.

"Wallekum assalam I am your makeup artist Shiba and this is Hafsha your hairstylist and she is my niece Soha." She introduced me with them all and started to work their magic on me.

Soha and Hafsha were friendly they even helped me with my wedding dress. After 2 hours I was ready.

"Okay ready...??" Shiba aunty asked me smiling I just nodded my head in response.

They turned me towards mirror. I gasped at the beautiful girl staring back at me.

"I can't believe that its really me...!!" They just laughed at my reaction. My mom came rushing in my room tears were streaming down her face followed by Afreen, her mom, my brothers, dad and uncle and one unknown guy I think he is elder brother of Affaan.

The makeup artist excused herself and left Zain locked the door behind him.

"What happened mum...???" I asked her but she started sobbing. Afreen and aunty were trying to calm her down while my brothers and dad were fuming with anger.

"Dad please say something what's going on...???" I asked him pleading. He glared at me.

"Look what your lover boy had done.." he said while handing me a piece of paper. I took it from him with my shaky hands and the words which were written in the letter made my whole world spin.

Zara,
I am sorry but i can't marry you. I got the modeling offer in America I cant reject it. You know its my dream to become a model. I am sorry I had choosen my dream over you but I love you Zara. Please forgive me and move on. I love you Zara.
Yours & only yours
AFFAAN

My world collapsed with just a piece of paper. I sat down on the floor no emotion, no tears my mind was numb people were calling me but it was of no use.

How can he do this to me.? If he loved me then why he have leave..?? I was lost in my thoughts when a tight slap brought me back to the harsh reality.

Everyone gasped "Dad how can you slap her!" Zakir and Zafir came towards me and engulfed me into their arms in a protective manner.

"She deserve it. Now who will marry her. The girl whose fiance left her on the wedding day who will marry the girl like that..?? You asked me in the morning Zeba that why I am not happy with her choice look now what happened. What will people say now..?? I just want to kill her." dad raised his hand to slap me again I closed my eyes in reflect waiting for the stinging feeling on my cheeks but it never came. I opened my eyes and looked up with my blurry vision. It was Afreen's elder brother.