Numero Treinta y Cuatro

Bold - Carter

Italics - Sydney

Bold + Italics = Stranger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well... I don't know. Let me think it over for a sec," She says with a smirk.

"The offer doesn't last for long. You have one minute," Carter says knowing what game she's playing.

"Well... Let me think. Crazy plus crazy equals genius... You look okay... You obviously are not an old man..."

"Sydney..."

"Carter..."

"Say something!"

"One date. That's it. If you turn out to be a perv, I'm calling the police. Got it?"

"I'm not a perv!"

"How do I know?"

"Crazy kids..."

"Who was asking you?!"

"Who was asking you?"

"So... Back to business. Yeah. Mall date. Thursday. 2 pm. I'm free. How about you?" She asks stirring her straw in her drink. She soon takes a sip looking at him through her dark eyelashes.

"Got it, Cinderella. Which mall?"

"The one we're in now, you dimwit." She says darkly looking at him. She shakes her head.

He chuckles. "Okay, okay. So... Here, 2 pm, Thursday, and you and I?"

"No... You and the girl sitting next to me."

"But there's no girl sitting next to you. It's a guy," He says looking at the person sitting next to her.

"Then go with him."

"Heard that!"

"Good, your hearing isn't all that bad. Sorry."

"Whatever! Stupid children."

"You know... I'm really looking forward to our date. Any advise, Syd?"

"First off. Don't call me Syd."

"I thought you let me use it?"

"Not right now. And second, it's our date. Chill. We've known each other for like what? A month? We are going to be fine. It's friends - that are trying to be a couple- going out to chill. Don't worry. I don't bite," She explains eating another one of his french fries.

"Well... I do," He smirks. He eats one of his chicken nuggets after dipping it in barbecue sauce. "This sauce is basically my life, you know that?"

"Weird...."

"We both know I'm crazier than that." He points the fact out, as one of the workers of the store go up to their table.

"Excuse me. Miss, mister. Some of our customers are complaining about your rude behavior. I'm sorry, but could you please leave? Thank you."

The two stand up and leave the McDonald's. Standing outside in the car park, the sun shines brightly on the two. The summer sun of June shines down on them. Bouncing on his heels, Carter says, "So... This was a good first blind date. See you then, Cinderella." He turns to leave, but she catches his shoulder.

"Wait! I needed to ask you. Why do you call me Cinderella?"

"Because I want to be your Prince Charming."

"Dork. Later, babe," She says turning to walk away, but now he catches her shoulder.

"Wait!"

"Wha-," She is cut off by a pair of rough, but yet soft lips. She sees it's Carter. She soon closes her eyes, savoring the feeling of his lips on hers. They kiss each other with the pent up feelings they have had for each other for weeks. She cups his cheeks as he supports her head. The kiss is soft and sweet, like cotton candy. She tastes barbecue sauce on his lips as he tastes the honey mustard on hers. They break apart and smile at each other.

"That's what I call a proper farewell," He smiles.

"Later, kid."

"Sayonara, Cinderella."